The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
How many fastings a wk ?
25 Oct 2013, 10:34
Hi and morning,
I was hoping someone can answer my question, when I started this woe, I was doing 5.2 with 500 cals (female), then did a few 4.3 with 500 cals, last week I did a mixture of 4.3 with 500 cals plus 2 of the days liquid only fasting, this week I was thinking of doing 4.3 liquid only fasting? Is that ok to do? Or does anyone think that's too much, on my last fast I managed 42 hrs without food and it didn't bother me, but I'm wondering am I going to far!
Thanks smudge :?: :bugeyes:
Re: How many fastings a wk ?
25 Oct 2013, 10:52
Hi
I tend to plan on 4:3 but usually end up doing a 5:2 with a half fast, i tend to swap my days around to try to "confuse" my body, but i've not yet tried the liquid fasting and have not gone more than 24hrs either
:)
25 Oct 2013, 11:11
There is a danger that you may get hooked on the high of fasting if I were you I would stick to 5/2 liquid if you like and a 1/2 fast of a out 800 to 1000 Cals. My own personal feelings are that a 36 hour fast is long enough. I am sure there will be more knowledgeable people than me in soon to give you more advice.
25 Oct 2013, 11:28
I have done both and it doesn't make any difference to weight loss IMHO. I can't be sure though as I have done 5:2/4:3/6:1 and 16:8!
25 Oct 2013, 11:34
I can't see a problem with 4:3 with two of the days as liquid fasts - although it depends a bit on your definition of a liquid fast (do you mean water only, ie 0 cals, or are you consuming calories from drinks?) and whether or not you're doing fasts consecutively. Defo wouldn't advise doing 3 days in a row with near 0-calories! If you're splitting the days up as in normal 4:3 then it's up to you how many of your 500 calories you consume. Just be careful that you don't find yourself trying to fast more and more, making it more extreme - this could be indicative of disordered eating and is a point of concern.
25 Oct 2013, 12:19
I do 2 liquid fasts (Monday and Tuesday) and a "normal" fast on Thrusday. My liquid fasts are not 0 cal but not 500cal neither, more around 200 cal with black coffee and tea and a light soup for dinner. I like to fast but I like to eat as well so never was tempted to do more (except 16;8 on Wednesdays and Sundays but for practical reasons. It the rythm that suits me for months now but it may not work with eveybody
6 posts Page 1 of 1