The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: How often do you eat meat?
11 Sep 2013, 15:03
I do enjoy my meat, mostly poultry, pork & beef. No seafood here, thanks. Still having meat pretty much every day however I would definitely say I have smaller portions of it generally especially if it's something higher in calories like pork.

Give me a lovely big rare fillet steak any day though :D
11 Sep 2013, 16:11
I have tried the meat substitutes and to be honest I'm not too Keen. But sometimes on a fast day I will have veggie sausages. I can very easily forget the meat myself. We used to have chicken as it was a cheap alternative but I'm finding that his isn't the case anymore, even at aldi prices. So as a family we have takeaway, sat, roast on Sunday, fish once, beef mince once and then chicken thighs or breasts for the remainder. But in the summer when the BBQ is out a lot we do tend to have more as we like the variety.
12 Sep 2013, 06:18
I have meat once or twice a day. Fish occassionally. And lots of eggs and cheese. I eat a lot of pork as we keep pigs, but I love all meat.

I've done 2 fasts this week, and I'm really looking toward to bacon when I get in to work to break yesterday's fast.
18 posts Page 2 of 2