The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
A huge great veg stir fry with a little lean chicken, or a 3 egg omelette with mushrooms, tomato, onion and a tiny sprinkling of cheese.

:grin:
Pulses do it for me - lentil soup for lunch today and a 'lentil and root veg hash' for tea.
Oh and beans in curries, casseroles and chillies.
Plus ditto soups!
Thanks Wendy , I had forgotten about that Frozen grilled veg :smile:
We've just come out of winter, and I found I got really really cold on fast days. A brisk walk (very rugged up) a few times a day helped, plus I drank water tepid rather than usual tap temp.
Everything they said!!
Juliathome, try looking up a recipe for green chilli jam, that's how I get rid of my end of season green chillies that will never ripen.
Debs
I highly recommend the Hairy Dieters' Cookbook, there are lots of fantastic 'winter food' recipes there, all suitable for fast days, and it's real food that the rest of the family loves too! :like:
It's always been winter since I started fasting in April. miso soup - 35 cals at lunch time, then hearty soup for dinner. Other things we ate were grilled salmon, skinless, with baked vegies or steamed vegies. Or grilled chicken breast. Or soup with salmon, prawns or chicken in it. Pulses are ok but you have to go easy on them as they are surprisingly calorific. I sometimes halved the amount in recipes. Go for pumpkin instead of sweet potato.

I am so looking forward to fasting in summer with salads and so on. And I feel a bit smug that I've got through winter and now all you Northern Hemisphere fasters have to learn about it - except for the veterans who've already been there. I just hope it's going to be easier to lose weight.
22 posts Page 2 of 2