The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Huge goal acheived
13 Oct 2015, 10:12
Hi Ladies,
I'm not here too often these days but thought I would pop in and tell you that I am still doing really well and still losing weekly. I eat like a size 12 woman now, not a size 28! I have changed my relationship with food 100%. Food is mostly substanance for me now but that's not to say I don't enjoy it, I just don't EVER crave anything and a steak and salad topped off with a Skinny capaccino is delicious to me. Before it would have been burger and fries when I ate out followed by dessert and when I got home .... Straight to the kitchen to 'eat'!!! :bugeyes:
I've had gains, holidays, weekends away, birthdays, weddings, births and all kinds of celebrations along the way since I started in Mid February. But it just goes to show that we can still fast and lose weight as well as living a normal life and enjoying celebrations. And let's not forget that I STILL enjoy a bottle of Prosecco most Saturday nights!
So I jumped on the scales on Saturday, holding my breath.... And looked down and it said... 14.2! :grin: :star: I was sooooo excited. I have now lost 5 stone :grin: I started at a 28 dress size weighing 19 stone 2lbs or 268lbs. I'm now a size 20-22 depending where I shop and I'm under 200lbs at 198.
I still have several stones to go, not sure of my goal weight because I will have to see what suites me. I'm 49 and would rather continue looking a little younger than my years and have a bit of extra weight than be thin, gaunt and wrinkly so I will decide this as I go.
I'm not looking too bad, I personally can see my neck looks older but everyone else says no. I think they are just being kind. My arms are getting a bit 'bingo' but thankfully I had slim arms and legs to start with. I've lost most of my weight from my torso as I'm Apple shaped though more heavy on the hips as I've lost weight. My shape is quite different to how it was previously but I've not been this weight since my mid 20s! Clothes I thought I would slim back into actually didn't fit me once I lost the weight. None of my old clothes fit me now. I've had to buy coats, jackets, boots (yes even they are too big lol) underwear and basically a new wardrobe. I'm not buying too much as although I can take my clothes in I will be going down to a 14/16 so don't want to buy too much.
I hope everyone else is doing well and for those who are struggling keep at it. IT WORKS, but you have to work it. Once you completely embrace it food becomes a none issue, cravings are gone. You could care less about cake, sugar, high carbs and will eat them infrequently and without craving more and more after you've eaten it. You will no longer be a slave to food or being uncomfortably overweight. You will dodge the diabetic bullet or even reverse type two. Your cholesterol will improve, your skin, hair and aching joints will improve. Your life will be better for taking your food issues whatever they are, even if it's as simple as food choices and portion size, in hand.
I'll attempt to add pics in a second post but... They never work properly when I add them lol.

Jaye x
Re: Huge goal acheived
13 Oct 2015, 11:42
Wow! @Jayegirl! 5 Stones off is just amazing! And it sounds as though you are really "in the zone" too! Well done you. I'm so glad you've found a method of eating that really works for you! Image
Well done!
Bean xx
13 Oct 2015, 11:42
Wow! @Jayegirl! 5 Stones off is just amazing! And it sounds as though you are really "in the zone" too! Well done you. I'm so glad you've found a method of eating that really works for you! Image
Well done!
Bean xx
13 Oct 2015, 13:09
:star: :star: :star: Many, many congratulations, @JayeGirl. :star: :star: :star: What fabulous and heartening news to hear! You have done brilliantly well and as @nursebeansays, you are really in the zone! Only more weight loss to look forward to - and more new clothes of course! :smile:
13 Oct 2015, 13:11
:star: :star: :star: Many, many congratulations, @JayeGirl. :star: :star: :star: What fabulous and heartening news to hear! You have done brilliantly well and as @nursebean says, you are really in the zone! Only more weight loss to look forward to - and more new clothes of course! :smile: Well done!
13 Oct 2015, 13:34
What a fab and inspirational read! I' m gonna copy and paste it and email to myself to get me more focused!
Such an achievement xxx :victory: :victory: :like:
13 Oct 2015, 14:29
Wow and wow! Inspirational and aspirational! You're amazing, very well done x
13 Oct 2015, 17:22
That is fabulous, so proud of you!! :heart:
13 Oct 2015, 17:38
@JayeGirl - wow - what an inspiration - I'm right behind you!
:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
13 Oct 2015, 21:34
@JayeGirl. Well done, you must thrilled :grin: :grin: :grin:
14 Oct 2015, 07:54
Congrats, @JayeGirl! :like: :like: :like: That is amazing! You must be over the moon! :victory:
14 Oct 2015, 08:12
That's amazing. Thank you so much for posting this, I especially like the sentence 'IT WORKS, but you have to work it'. It is a reminder to me and everyone that you do have to put in the effort.
14 Oct 2015, 15:00
Massive congrats - and well done you! :-) :like:
14 Oct 2015, 19:49
woo woo! Congratulations on an awesome achievement !
14 posts Page 1 of 1