The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
My husband and I both started dieting last year. He had lost 25lb before starting 5:2 and I'd lost 43lb.
Last week we both lost 2lb. I was away half of last week and also had surgery so I didn't see him eat a lot.
We fasted Monday. Last night he ate a 14" pizza with extra chilli jam and chicken on it. Then had cake and crisps. In fact he ate so much he was still in pain 90 minutes later! Though, to be fair, he had eaten nothing since 7pm Sunday until 6pm last night. I tried to gently explain that that's not what eating normally means, but he knows!
Is it likely he will still lose weight this week? He has decided he wants to lose another stone quite quickly!
Kx
Hi Karen well he may still lose which becomes frustrating for us when we've been good but I personally believe that this ''mini binge'' does catch-up maybe week later because you think ooohh I've still lost and eaten such+such I can do that again, he probably did a few while you wasn't around to see last week, so wait until next weigh-in because if he's not lost then that's when the guilt kicks in and we say if only I hadn't done that ( I'm speaking from experience on this one Lol)
You've both done really well and deserve a treat now + then to perk you up and reward you for the work done. Good Luck :clover: Sue. :clover:
If he was in pain from eating, then he should accept that he went a bit, no a lot, too far.

I pigged out last week on a half a 14 inch with a half a jacket spud and felt bloated for 2 days afterwards. I will be shifting to a quarter pizza from now on. No matter how yummy it looks.
3 posts Page 1 of 1