The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I have some questions
25 Feb 2014, 11:04
I have been doing this WOE for 7 weeks now and have lost around 2 inches from my stomach and around 8/9lbs - obviously this is fab and I am very pleased after a shaky start that the weight is moving and I don't have much to lose anyway.

I have some general questions now that I hope you can help with.

1. What's a 'good' amount of fat for me to have? My scales (i know they aren't completely accurate) said 23.7% this morning.

2. When should I move to maintenance? I still feel flabby around the middle but am not sure how much more weight I can afford to lose. Current BMI is 21.9.

3. Is there a reason that my stomach measurements are (relitively) slower at coming down than the weight loss?

4. when on maintenance is just doing this 1 day a week really enough for the repair work to keep going?

Thanks everyone!
Re: I have some questions
25 Feb 2014, 11:20
I'm afraid I can't answer most of your questions,a lot will be down to your personal preference and experience. To my knowledge there isn't enough data about the medical beenfits of fasting to say whether one day a week is enough, for repair purposes.
Here is a link that I hope answers the % body fat question

http://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ide ... age-chart/
2 posts Page 1 of 1