The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I know..
30 Oct 2013, 23:07
this has to have been asked a gazillion times...

But if i want to dabble in 16/8 would it ruin the effect if I were to splash skim milk in my tea before the open window.

Anyone unaware of this speech would think "what the" :smile:
Re: I know..
30 Oct 2013, 23:09
Don't think that does any harm at all :clover: Sue
30 Oct 2013, 23:12
I do 16:8 on every day that isn't a fast day and I drink tea with milk in it because I can't stand it black!
30 Oct 2013, 23:14
I really wrestle with this conundrum Zam...coz i so love my cuppa with just a splash of milk and would realy love it if some top IF authority came along and said yes yes of course you may!
I usually resist that splash coz have read that it does break the fast..but just once in a while i go crazy and splurge out on the ten cals or so that a
" splash" entails!
And yeah i guess many folk would be going WTF?? about lots of stuff we write here! But the great thing is, it all makes sense to us,and thats all that matters x x
image.jpg
image.jpg (20.85 KiB) Viewed 267 times
30 Oct 2013, 23:24
Hi Zamale, I'm definitely no expert but I use a splash of skim milk in 2-3 teas on the mornings of my 3-4 16:8 days and I'm happy with my weight loss rate which I think has increased slightly since adding 16:8 to my 2 x 500 cal fasting days. Yes @CandiceMarie-this must look like gobldygook to anyone who wasn't familiar with out fabulous forum.
31 Oct 2013, 04:45
As a professional tea drinker :wink: , I measured my semi skimmed milk the other morning out of interest and I have 20ml, which is roughly 8.4cals a mug.
I drink tea like this all the time, and can't compromise as life is too short to drink bad tea (including green tea in that category!). I have tried to like other teas, but a large mug of ceylon is my saviour several times a day!
We buy it in 10kg boxes from an importer in Perth, which lasts 11 months at a time!

My motto? If in doubt, brew up!
6 posts Page 1 of 1