The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm never very hungry in the morning after a fast day, so thought it would be good to slip in some 16:8 days here and there, but on at least three occasions now, I've happily skipped breakfast, only to have a real monster carb attack at lunchtime through to tea-time.
I think if I'd had fruit or a salad or soup or something it wouldn't have happened, but once a piece of bread had passed my lips, it was as though the rest of the loaf had to follow!
So I'm going to try having breakfast quite early after a fast, to see if this helps. This wasn't a problem when I started 5:2, but perhaps I'm getting complacent.
However I'm motivated this week, as last week I was half a pound from target, and it has now slipped to two pounds from target, despite fasting as normal. I'm fairly confident there's a good dose of water in that gain, but nevertheless, it's ridiculous to let that achievable target slip!
Writing this is helpful, as it makes me realise I know what I have to do, so thank you for reading!
That's what we are here for.
Have you tried a coffee with either cream or butter and coconut oil for breakfast? It's another way of extending your fast (because it's fat not carbs) and therefore ketogenic. It might prevent a carb attack at lunch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1