The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07 Feb 2014, 18:25
Oh dear, this is only my second Fast Day, and I am really hungry right now :frown: I am supposed to be waiting it out till dinnertime at home; I have already just drank 20 ozs of water, and right before that I had 12 ozs of hot tea (no sugar, no milk).

Just shouting out here instead of running off somewhere to get food. If I really really can't last, I know that I have some string cheese (80 cals) in the fridge here at work, but I would rather not have that...

:starving:
Re: I'm HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07 Feb 2014, 18:31
You can do it flamanette!

Keep yourself busy, and keep drinking fluids and you'll be fine. The worst thing to do is to eat anything as this will make you more hungry.

Good luck! :clover:
07 Feb 2014, 18:36
:heart: Shout all you want @flamanette I can't hear you in UK :shock: Stick with it if you can but another hot drink won't hurt, I always have an oxo mid afternoon don't know what the USA version is that does the trick until evening meal.
However are you really hungry or just used to the pm snack sitit out if you can but ddon't stress if you crumble a half fast is far better than none. :heart: :heart:
07 Feb 2014, 18:44
I say give it fifteen minutes and I bet the pangs will die down... And can you do something else distracting? Like go for a walk, start a new piece of work that is diverting, make a phone call, meditate, think about something difficult to occupy your brain, focus on another part of your body such as your cold toes or warm fingertips or somesuch...?
07 Feb 2014, 18:47
I want to shout too ((((I'M HUNGRY TOO))))
You can do this. I've been hungry all day but stuck with it, now dinner is only 20mins away for me and I feel so pleased with myself for not cracking. Hang in there hun, it will be worth it and you'll be so happy that you did. And if you need to keep shouting just shout at us, we don't mind :)
Dee
07 Feb 2014, 19:27
Hang in there, I'm pretty new to 5:2 a month in, I've had one of those HUNGER pangs - grhh, and what I did is to remember all the great advice from the friends on this site :heart: (I have spent hours and hours touring the site and it's been the most helpful thing to me - thanks everyone for sharing!!!!!!). It's definitely the most helpful thing I have done for me - it helped to keep me focused and understand why my brain is trying to trick/rock me into eating. eg Bluebirdies advice above :like: and you can eat tomorrow :like: . Every time I see Deb's signature if in doubt "brew up". I have copious cups of strong builders tea with a dash of milk (thanks Deb :lol: ). I include the tea in my fast day calories - my evening meal is protein and veg. I have cut out useless carbs.

So, my advice (as it worked for me) is read, read, read this site everyday - and your research will unlock the answers that you can relate to today and provide the answers you can relate to on your journey ahead.

While, we share our support and our journey - the great thing about 52 is tomorrow is another day and if we break a fast or not achieve our goal today, we don't need to beat ourselves up as tomorrow is another day - and we feel better for it.

So keep posting your journey - a journal is good, though I have not and should have! :cool:

Take care

Lizzie
07 Feb 2014, 19:46
Very wise words @Lizbean :like: Great that you've found the answers to so many of your questions his forum, it truly is one of the best resources out there! :heart: :heart: I've learnt so much from fellow members too. :grin:
07 Feb 2014, 20:56
Thank you all for the words of encouragement! Happy to say I MADE IT!!!! Getting ready to leave for home and DINNER!

WooHoo, successful Fast!
07 Feb 2014, 20:57
Many thanks Callyanna, - it's been absolutely great surfing the site, thank you to everyone :wink: . The wonderful thing about this community is the ability to engage in active bottom up, supportive engagement day to day, :like: while having the piece of mind Moogie and friends are in touch with the governance so we all feel safe.

So, when I next have a hunger pain - grhh :frown: , plateau - ok I understand why and what to do :like: , or just want to have fun and a giggle :geek: , I know the BIG tent to come to is fastday.com :heart:

Lizzie
07 Feb 2014, 21:29
Well done Flamanette :like:

The fast days DO get easier.
07 Feb 2014, 21:55
Well done, flamanette! It does get easier!

Every now and then I get crazy hungry on a fast day. If I've exhausted the usual options (water, coffee, tea, miso, etc.) I go for a run. In the short term, it's an appetite suppressant for me. As long as I have a meal coming in a few hours that works well for me.
07 Feb 2014, 22:26
Congratulations on making it! In the afternoon I need a salty drink so I either have miso soup, a teaspoon of massel brand chicken stock powder in boiling water or clear chicken broth that I've made or bought from Asian takeaway and frozen in 200 ml portions. I figure about 20-40 calories for this. The empty gnawing spacey feeling I felt before is gone and then I feel normal and can wait for dinner.
Xxx julianna
12 posts Page 1 of 1