The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm still here!
12 Nov 2013, 11:35
Hello all

Just wanted to come on & say I'm still here, I haven't been on the forum in a while due to various things (bathroom being done recently just turned the whole house upside down). But I'm still fasting most weeks and seem to be happily hovering around the 9st mark. I had wanted to be a bit lower but I'm enjoying the way I feel right now and feel happy with what I see in the mirror most of the time, so I'm not getting too het up about a few extra pounds.

Over the last couple of months I've stopped counting calories on fast days - this is supposed to be a natural intuitive thing, right? I just tend to have nothing until an evening meal which will probably include some carbs but just less. If I eat over 500 cals I'm not too fussed. I'm still playing with how this will work long term but I'm not imposing any rules on myself apart from just trying to eat natural most of the time, but I do that anyway.

I'm still going to be coming on to the forum to hang out with you fabulous lot and to chat, fast with others and get & give support, so I'm not going anywhere - but perhaps this is more the maintenance me now? Not sure, we'll see how this thing pans out! One thing's for sure, I have not felt this relaxed about food in a long time and I know I have the tools to manage my weight and to feel great. One phrase from the 5:2 paperback that always stuck with me was Mimi saying that fasting helped her feel 'light, lean and alive' - that is exactly how I feel, just after a fast day (too tired on the day itself!) so that's why intend to do this in one form or another, for the long haul.

Having said that, I'm probably not going to fast this week, I have a cold and feel a bit rotten anyway - oh well, next week!

:lol: :lol:
Re: I'm still here!
12 Nov 2013, 11:38
That all sounds tickety boo, please stay and chat and get well soon {{{+}}}
12 Nov 2013, 11:57
Nice to hear you're doing well Greenmonster! 'Light, lean and alive' sounds just about perfect. :smile:
12 Nov 2013, 11:58
Hmmmm I like that quote. Need to remember it. Hi Greenmonster **waves**
12 Nov 2013, 13:45
that's fantastic - welcome back!!
12 Nov 2013, 14:45
Ooohhh I did wonder where you'd got to :)
12 Nov 2013, 20:26
Hi GM great to have a post from you and to hear you are doing so well. Love the relaxed attitude, hope you feel better soon and stay light lean and alive! :shock: :cool: :victory:
7 posts Page 1 of 1