The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Decided to do a Christmas hamper for a family with whom our family will share Christmas lunch. So I have the beautiful basket, a couple of tea towels to line it which I know will go in their newly refurbished kitchen. Thought of teas and have in mind a set of mugs, each which I will fill with quality chocolates. I will be making chutney, herbed vinegar, mustards, lime pickle and marmalade.

Now I am stumped. The children are both young guys one 14 and the other just attending his end of school formal. Dad will be happy with the home made goodies. Candles and quaint holders and special soaps will also be included for mum. The parents are not the worry.

Would appreciate any inspiration as I don't intend to just give money for the boys but it is hard to think what will grab them. The young fella is a great little cook where as his older brother is a DJ gizmo guy.

There will be gold chocolate coins. Help please your ideas appreciated
Boys can be difficult. I just ordered gaming headphones for my 15 year old nephews. They are on special on Catch of the Day at the moment. As the older one is a DJ maybe second hand LP's, vinyl is very big again. There's always gift cards like jb hifi.
Girls are much easier you just fill up baskets with make up and nail polish :grin:
Sorry. I don't know how old they attend the end of school ball!! But I guess they are both teenagers,

All teenage boys like smellies. Try aftershave or deodorants. They have to be the 'in' ones though. A couple of years ago it was all Linx here. All the boys smelled the same. Sweets always go down well too.

Try and avoid 'socks', they would be the worst pressie ever!! :frown:

Hope this helps.

Lesley
For the 14 year old chef - an unusual cooking or baking implement.
Hmmm...boys that age seem to like ear buds (ipod headpones, etc) decks of cards or card games like UNO, Axe Body Spray is fairly big in The States, DVDs/CDs if you have any idea of their likes and dislikes, RockStar or Monster type energy drinks? Snack foods and candy.

Maybe something on this list of stocking stuffers for teenage boys...

http://stephssilverboxes.blogspot.com/2 ... -boys.html
Wonderful ideas all, thanks so much for that, loved the idea of vinyl probably have to garage sale for those but what fun anyway. Good idea too for the baking implements. The ear buds and gaming headphones are great too. Smellies can only think of lynx and at times I have nearly passed out with old perspiration covered by deodorant. Good idea as well. Back on track now,
@gillymary have a look online for vinyl old and new. Lots of stores selling it too. JB hi fi sell new stuff and then there's second hand stores.
I know this is probably weird but I just don't think online buying first up. Gosh I would not even know what to buy him music wise except what I used to like I guess. Think 2 pairs of ear buds to start.
iTunes vouchers go down very well with pretty much anyone. You can spend them on anything in the iTunes store - films, TV, apps, etc - as well as music.

For the young cook, Firebox.com has great foodie kits for making stuff. I bought my ex a grow your own oyster mushrooms kit for his birthday - he lives in a high rose and has no garden so he loved it. I just bought myself a make your own bacon kit (just add pork!) and they lots more ideas like those.
9 posts Page 1 of 1