The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Monday is 24 hour fast, Tuesday to Saturday is eating only between noon and 7pm, Sunday is whatever I feel like. It's hardly 5/2 anymore ...
:bugeyes: :shock: :?:
It doesn't matter, you are using the basic principles and adapting the diet to suit you, not forcing yourself into the diet that someone else has dictated is the 'only' way to do it.

I do every third day, so it doesn't follow any of the established rules, that plus 16:8 or 18:6 depending on when I have lunch for the rest of the week. I still consider myself to be following 5:2.
Bruce and I are contemplating an experiment this week, trying 16/8 all week long. I still think it's a fast diet, as some of the basic ideas are the same. We're just trying to shake things up a bit after reading Krista Varaday talking about how the diet really tapers off for most people.

We may do something crazy, like 16/8 for a month and then go back to 5/2 for a month and see what that does. The other thing we were contemplating was a variant of 4/3 where on Monday, Wednesday and Friday we don't eat until dinner time, but then we allow up to 1000 calories in the evening. Bruce figures it's the same calorie deficit over the course of a week as 5/2, but more hours of fasting/ketosis.

but I think it's all still the same idea.
You are still fasting intermittently and I think that is what this forum is all about, anyway, we all have to do what suits us personally, not what other people think we should do, good luck
:heart:
Ballerina x
It's interesting the term

5:2

seems to be just now the generic term for IF (intermittent fasting)

IF is a bit weird to mean anything and the term intermittent fasting is just too hard to get your mouth around it when talking to people so

5:2 just seems to work and means whatever you want it to mean but always is about calorie restriction in "time blocks" as opposed to long term calorie restriction each and every day (alla WW, Atkins)
5 posts Page 1 of 1