The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Do you still take them on a fast day? fish oil, vit D3 etc.
Yes
Nope, don't take any supplements at all. If I believed I needed any, I would take them on fast days, but my diet pretty much covers everything.
No not on a fast day because I don't eat anything until evening & usually forget.
I take fish oil and vitamin D and they're meant to be taken with food so on fast days I only take them when I eat - not at all on Mondays and just once with dinner on Thursday.
Nope, because I would normally take them at breakfast time but on fast days I don't eat till evening. I can't take them without food as they make me feel quite ill.
I do when I remember.
I take either a multivitamin or Fish oil with Vit D (not both as don't want to od on vit D - I get out and about in the daytime to) and Evening Primrose Oil most days. Not having with food doesn't have any bad effect on me. I don't think I need them really, my diet should cover everything but I don't like to rock the boat as I've been taking them for a long time. Although as I liquid only on Monday's it won't hurt. Just hedging my bets really.
I take calcium supplements on fast and feed days without having eaten. I occasionally take iron on a fast day but only if I remember to take it just after my meal. Otherwise, it upsets my stomach. I let my stomach be my guide with this.
Yes!
Sorry Zamale, that was a bit abrupt. I take food supplements because I've changed to a vegan diet and can't see any reason not to take them on a fast day. In fact I think perhaps they are more important when we are eating very little. :smile:
Yes I take fish oil, pro-biotic and magnesium every day to keep up the benifits.
I take all of my supplements on Fast Days and even count the 14 calories the contain toward my 500 calories. I also take my birth control pill at the same time. In all I take 9 pills:

Birth Control
Multivitamin
Vitamin C
Potassium Gluconate
2x Tums (5 calories)
Omega 3 (9 calories)
Vitamin D
CoQ 10
Fish Oil and a Multivitamin on fast days only. On feed days I believe I am getting all I need.
I take evening primrose/cod liver oil and b complex/vit c
every day
Yes, I take them with my painkillers. As I'm not supposed to take the painkillers on an empty stomach I count the oil capsules as lining my stomach.
Multivitamin
Omega 3 oil
Vitamin D oil (once a week in the summer, daily in the winter, SAD sufferer)
B12 (high potency as my B12 was radically low and needs a constant boost)
Vitamin C (mostly because it helps to counteract the constipation of the painkillers)
Magnesium to start soon (as soon as the epsom salts run out, foot baths are all the rage here)
Chromium to start soon to help with carb cravings.
Acidophylus (as I killed off my kefir with missing days on the fast)
16 posts Page 1 of 2