The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Inner child
25 Jul 2013, 15:56
Lunchtime here and my grandson asked for the bag of chips(crisps?). I handed him the bag while I made his sandwich. When I presented him with the sandwich he said he didn't want it. He was eating chips. I said to him a handful was fine but more than that was unhealthy and had no nutrition. He then turned to the bag and said Grandma it says here potato, milk, onion, parsley, that's all nutrition!

Made me think of how childlike we all are when we rationalize our food choices. :grin:
Re: Inner child
25 Jul 2013, 16:08
Reminds me of when I was pregnant - I was really into chocolate - especially chocolate chip cookies with semisweet chocolate chips. I would make them "healthy" by adding oatmeal to the batter! I still love them this way, although I now tend to replace 1/2 the butter with applesauce and make bars instead. Of course, my son now loves dark chocolate as much as I do. :grin:
25 Jul 2013, 16:15
debbiejgb, I have replaced pumpkin puree for all the oil in brownies and the results weren't bad at all.
25 Jul 2013, 16:19
I'll have to try that. Would you use it in bars as well?
25 Jul 2013, 16:26
I would give it a try with some cinnamon too. Spicy choc chip bars and think of the fiber and vit A your adding.
25 Jul 2013, 16:58
I will. BTW, I will be up your way next week visiting family mostly in Brattleboro, VT and maybe Lowell, MA. Hope the weather is good!
6 posts Page 1 of 1