The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
I completed my 5th fast day yesterday. By the near end of the day, it was a bit gnawing at me, but saying to myself,, as soon as I go to sleep, then wake up, I can enjoy a nice breakfast .

Well I've been awake a few hours now and have not eaten and really do not feel the least bit hungry.

Had any one else has this strange reverse hunger?

I'm really loving this WOE and hope it continues and I lose some weight, as I have lots to lose
It's very common to wake and not find yourself ravenous on the day after a fast. I find I'm hungry the morning after a normal day but can wait much longer before having breakfast the day after fasting. :)
Huh ok thanks good to know. All I kept thinking before going to sleep was ahh wake up and I get FOOD. But I wake up and that feeling is gone.

Hi Betsy, a fellow USA faster. Wow it's early morning for you out on the west coast.

How long have you been living the 5:2 life?
Yes, it's early but then I'm an early bird, I usually wake between 4 and 5am. I've been following this WoE since March 11th. Saw a few blurbs about the FastDiet on GMA and got the book and I've done this since. :)
That's funny, about GMA. I saw the cookbook on the show a few weeks ago and started looking into it. It just seemed something very different that made sense
Hi dianehelen

I'm the same. After my first few fasts I had breakfast the following morning. But now I find I'm not hungry and can either go until lunch or have a few nuts/seeds/dried apricots mid morning and that is fine. And although I don't calorie count I tend to eat quite lightly the day after a fast. It's great being able to listen to what your body needs.

Alf
I agree, just not as hungry as I used to be and uncomfortably full if I eat as much as I did before--evidently very common.

I usually forgo my early morning aerobic DVD on the day after a fast because of feeling a little faint. This seems to be quiet common, too. Today I forgot all about that factor and did the exercise. While fixing breakfast, I had a moment of lightheadedness that has gone away since eating. So, dianhelen, don't be alarmed if you experience that, too, before eating after a fast.
I fasted yesterday too. Today I went for a 6.5km run and made myself a delicious breakfast of Poached eggs, toast, mushrooms and bacon at about 11.30. I wasn't ravenous but boy did it taste good :smile:
SianS wrote: I fasted yesterday too. Today I went for a 6.5km run and made myself a delicious breakfast of Poached eggs, toast, mushrooms and bacon at about 11.30. I wasn't ravenous but boy did it taste good :smile:

Yum! Can I come over for breakfast???!!!
5:24evr? wrote:
SianS wrote: I fasted yesterday too. Today I went for a 6.5km run and made myself a delicious breakfast of Poached eggs, toast, mushrooms and bacon at about 11.30. I wasn't ravenous but boy did it taste good :smile:

Yum! Can I come over for breakfast???!!!

Me too! Please? :grin:
I tend to wake up hungry on fast days. On non-fast days, I'm more likely to be hungry an hour or two after I wake up. I'm a breakfast eater, though. Not that I feel obligated, I just do eventually get hungry in the morning.
same for me, that's why I no longer eat breakfast, I wait as long as I can every day. I like the routine of it.
Yep, the same, thinking what I'll eat for brekky but then not hungry in the morning.
Gives us sweet dreams though!
I'm usually really hungry after a fast day, and have an early breakfast, often before 7.00am. But if I cant for some reason, I can hang on till later in the morning. Breakfast is still my favourite meal of the day, but I don't have it on fast days
Yes I've had that too. I eat breakfast anyway though.....actually I always eat breakfast, even on fast days. Otherwise I feel like I'm just waiting to eat. Once I've eaten I can forget about it and get on with my day :smile:
15 posts Page 1 of 1