The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all. I'm at a loss. Doing ADF and my fast falls on Mother's day. I'm fasting today, so tomorrow would be my potential feast. I dont really want to feast 2 days in a row, but at the same time... anyone else facing this dilemma or am I taking it just a bit too far? Should I just enjoy the weekend for what it is and get back on it on Monday? To be honest I think I've just answered my question but I've really been committed to ADF/EOD and am just a little worried about lapsing into bad eating habits... :bugeyes:
Hey Mumof2!
Just think of your name!
Mums Day is for you...if your family want to make a fuss of you - let them show they love and are grateful to you! If that involves edible goodies,let it be!
Mums Day is just one day out of the year..if you want to celebrate,celebrate! Life is meant to be joyful..and if a day calls for no fasting,put fasting on the back burner!
Aw, thanks CandiceMarie - you are absolutely right. Thank you for confirming what I knew already. It will be strange having an unlimited weekend but I think I can manage it! :razz:
@Motherof2
Good pointer from @CandiceMarie you being Mum.
The joy of this WOL is its flexibility and making it "fit" you and your lifestyle one small change isn't going to undo all your good work so enjoy your day then restart Monday.
For me on such occasions and as my meal will be in the evening I fast all day then eat + drink whatever I want to knowing I'll be within my TDEE this method I use quite often as I eat out on a regular basis.
:clover: :clover: :clover:
Normally I fast on Sundays but I did a spot of ADF so that Sunday will free me up to eat what hubby & younger son are planning to feed me! I can indulge for once, not too much mind you, but enough to include a few roast potatoes & syllabub for pudding.
Well me too but I figured they may forget so I'll fast until/if something tasty turns up!
Not on your nelly.
Got mum in law coming round too for Sunday roast lamb. Curtesy of hubs and our daughter.
Oh @motherof2 I was in your exact position. I didn't want to mess with my ADF days so took my mum out for lunch yesterday instead...that way everyone wins! :wink:

Bean :starving:
8 posts Page 1 of 1