The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi folks

Being doing 5:2 religiously since mid August, gone from 74 down to 67 kilos. This has been sooo easy, me apart from being a bit cold at night on fast days no issues at all, but for the last month have lost virtually no weight (absolutely no cheating and eating the same as SWMBO who has continued to lose)

I continue to feel so much better, both physically and mentally than I have for some years, however on the last two fast days I have woken in the night 2am ish absolutely ravenous, can't get my mind off the fridge. Now I didn't have a lot of weight to lose, being a small frame 5'10" tall male, and I'm wondering if this is my body talking to me and telling me 67kilos is really as low as I need to be?

I really am quite thin now, waist about 30/31" but was doing this mainly as my LDL, Triglycerides and glucose were all high (glucose>7 mmol/L) and with a family history of late onset diabetes I didn't want to end up a bilateral amputee like my nan! (Still need to get my blood chemistry checked to see if I've done any good there)

Any thoughts from anyone here?

Thanks

Ade
Welcome Ade. Can you say a little more? Eg your BMI and percentage of weight loss so far?
rawkaren wrote: Welcome Ade. Can you say a little more? Eg your BMI and percentage of weight loss so far?

Given that his weight is 67kg, and that his height is 5' 10" (which is just under 178cm), I've worked out that his BMI is 21.1kg per square metres.

(BMI = (Weight in kg) / ((height in metres) x (height in metres))

That seems to be quite low which means that I would be thinking more about trying to maintain that weight loss rather than trying to lose any more weight.
Hi CreakyJoints, I'm the same height and hanging around 61kg, which seems to be my target weight. I am very old though, 63 at Xmas, and have shrunk a bit over the last few years. Blood results were fine in March after 6 weeks 5:2, am due a DXA scan to check for osteoporosis after breaking a wrist in a small fall in August. Waist just under 30 inches.
CreakyPete wrote: I am very old though, 63 at Xmas,

That's not very old :bugeyes:
5 posts Page 1 of 1