The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Is this a blown fast?
05 Dec 2013, 18:46
Ok fellow fasters, I fast Monday and Thursday every week and have never blown a fast.

Today, I wasn't feeling it but battled on, I'd had a bad nights sleep and was feeling a bit rough.

I usually only have an evening meal but about 2 pm, I decided to have a cup a soup as I was starving and tired. That was my first mistake as I flicked the hunger switch, big time. 100 cals.

I was trying a new routine with my kids today so I cooked their meal earlier than usual and ate a sausage sandwich, ok, 1 sausage and 1 slice of bread, 150cals.

Then I ate a chocolate Santa! Nuts but I did it. Then it turns out that this Santa only had 200 cals!

So I've broken my routine completely and actually bought some food for an evening meal as I was thinking I'd fast tomorrow but when I added up what I'd eaten I was under 500 cals. It was just spread out and I'm hungry now as it was junk!

So if I don't eat any more can I still count today? Just looking for opinions really!
Re: Is this a blown fast?
05 Dec 2013, 18:49
I'd definitely count it as a fast day as you have kept to the 500 calorie target!
05 Dec 2013, 18:50
Hi jejum ... I'm not an expert on 5:2, but from what I understand if you've eaten 500 calories and don't plan to go over that then it counts. If I were you, even if I went over by 50 or so calories then I would still count it as a fast day :grin: :grin:

Good luck - some days it's just hard!
05 Dec 2013, 19:32
Sounds like a fast to me, just not as ideal as you would like!
05 Dec 2013, 20:12
In my books it is a fast day. No idea how you got through the night though!
05 Dec 2013, 20:24
Of course you havent blown it coz you havent gone over 500 cals
Not the most nutritious food but still a fast n repair day nevertheless!
Well done,just make sure you have something nutritious tomoz! X
6 posts Page 1 of 1