The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

27 posts Page 1 of 2
It's my fastiversary!
23 Mar 2014, 07:34
I just realized. A whole year of 4:3, ADF, etc. Right now I'm maintaining (if you can call it that) a little more above my goal weight that I would like, but still 50 lbs lighter than this time last year!

Yesterday, I was doing some spring cleaning, and cleared out half a closet of things I can't wear anymore. I stopped measuring after I broke my arm, and even before I was mostly only measuring my waist, so I'm really amazed (and a little sad) at how some of my old dresses and tops fit me now. Or don't fit me, I should say. Looks like I'll be heading to the UK or US with a suitcase full of clothes for the charity shops. Some of the nicer dresses I might sell on ebay if my sister can't use them. Next up: sweaters.
Re: It's my fastiversary!
23 Mar 2014, 07:36
Well done!! It is amazing to see such inspirational stories such as yours, and more so that you are maintaining. Most of my clothes come from op shops anyway, so they just go back there!!
23 Mar 2014, 07:50
Well done MaryAnn - and a pioneering mainteneer as well! You need a trip to UK for more clothes - according to @rawkaren it's better here shopping for clothes than US!
23 Mar 2014, 08:06
rawkaren has clearly not been to the outlet malls near my sisters house (and why would she--haha). I could easily spend my life savings in either Banana Republic or Ann Taylor! Strangely, I never find as many things that I like in the regular shop. I like shopping in the UK, too, but I'm not as good at finding bargains there...
23 Mar 2014, 08:13
Agree re Banana Republic - there is a nice store on Regent Street and in Covent Garden. If you are ever over in UK - Hobbs, Phase Eight, Reiss, John Lewis (department store), also White Stuff, Zara, Jigsaw, some French Connection, as well as M and S in the larger stores - and Fenwicks (London and Newcastle!)
23 Mar 2014, 08:34
I discovered White Stuff last time I was in the UK (in Bath) and I loved the dresses Carie linked to from Phase Eight. I'll be back again in May, so I'll keep your list in mind! :-)
23 Mar 2014, 08:41
I'm sure Bath will have most of the shops mentioned, praps not a department store tho. I'm sure you'll have fun!
23 Mar 2014, 08:59
Well done, MaryAnn, it is such a lovely feeling when you achieve success, 50lbs wow! That is something, enjoy your well deserved maintenance,

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Mar 2014, 09:20
Congratulations Maryann,
You are so that inspirational and just plain awesome!
I'm just so happy for you!
Don't worry about being a smidge over goal. That's just a blip. Look what you've achieved! I feel that maintenance will be an ongoing challenge for us all so please keep posting your struggles and discoveries as that helps us all for the magical day we get to goal and beyond.
Xxx julianna
23 Mar 2014, 09:39
Congratulations MaryAnn, what a fantastic achievement!
23 Mar 2014, 09:40
Another fastiversary how wonderful.

And look at what you've achieved. Inspirational as always.

I hope I am inspirational on my fastiversary. Think i will have to pull my finger out !
23 Mar 2014, 10:04
Congratulations @MaryAnn on your fastiversary and amazing weight loss :like:
23 Mar 2014, 10:10
Well done and don't be sad about all those clothes you have shrugged off! Someone else will be delighted with them..meanwhile you' ll be wearing new slinky little numbers!
image.jpg
(39.69 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
23 Mar 2014, 10:15
Hi @maryAnn. Congrats on a fab achievement! :victory:
23 Mar 2014, 10:42
Happy Fastiversary @MaryAnn What a difference a year makes and I know exactly how 50lbs lighter feels brilliant (unfortunately for me another 50 to go. Lol
Enjoy your shopping wherever you choose to do it. :heart: Sue
27 posts Page 1 of 2