The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
IT'S NOT FAIR...
03 Dec 2013, 19:38
Why is it that, in one week, I can so easily gain three bloody kilos but really try and only lose an average of 500 grams, in one week.

Drat these cursed bodies. :razz:
Re: IT'S NOT FAIR...
03 Dec 2013, 19:42
You've got a point there Bobby. Why is it so incredibly easy to put a lot of weight on in a week and so flipping difficult to lose a tiny amount in the same period. Sorry, no answers!
03 Dec 2013, 19:54
Thanks, wildmissus. It's more a rhetorical whine than a question. hahaha
03 Dec 2013, 20:13
Good point! I've never thought of it that way... you're dead right... it's TOTALLY unfair.....
03 Dec 2013, 20:40
Yeh Bobbiei know it is disspiriting to see that on the scales but...
Its usually only water x
03 Dec 2013, 21:03
CandiceMarie wrote: Yeh Bobbiei know it is disspiriting to see that on the scales but...
Its usually only water x

You're right, CandiceMarie. Who would have thought that water could be so depressing. :shock:
03 Dec 2013, 22:04
I have no answer either, sadly. But your last couple of posts made me wonder, Bob - your location is WA, but as you say "peckish" and "bloody", are you actually a Brit? Just curious - it seems like not only are the Americans on here a very small minority, but lots are actually expats, or related to one...
03 Dec 2013, 22:08
No, not a Brit, just a bit of an anglophile, I suppose.

I could blame it on watching Monty Python's Flying Circus every week whilst growing up. That's as good of an excuse as any, innit.

I also prefer metric but that's from my biology degree.
03 Dec 2013, 22:43
That is one of the great mysteries of the universe Bobby. Answer that and you're in line for a Nobel Prize!
03 Dec 2013, 22:52
Not only that but it takes weeks to get fit and it can be lost in a couple of inactive weeks. :cry: We just have to battle on. what does the song say, get yourself up, brush yourself down and start all over again :like: :clover:
03 Dec 2013, 23:00
I loved Fawlty Towers, too, in my youth. Can one still watch those shows online or something?
03 Dec 2013, 23:31
Here's a quote I picked up somewhere along my journey about sabotaging thoughts and about "unfair" specifically. It probably came from a Beck Diet forum I found and might be from one of the actual Beck diet books. Not sure, but it was a good one that I saved for my Beck Cards. This kind of diet "programming" (CBT) works well enough that I immediately thought of my card when I saw this post and keep quoting it everytime I see this thread keep popping up. :smile: Hope it helps.

UNFAIR??
Sometimes life is unfair. I have a choice. Let unfair thoughts overwhelm me or accept that I have to do whatever it takes. This is what succesful losers and maintainers do.
04 Dec 2013, 01:46
At least no one gave me the same advice I sometimes give...dial 1-800-WAAAAHHH

I prefer my whine with a bit of cheese. ;)
13 posts Page 1 of 1