The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
And please don't put the focus on whether you are failing, put the focus on how to be successful and you will have more chances to get there. I would also look at this as a life commitment since you already experienced what happens when you stop this WOE, so you may have bad and good days but you will find your way.

Good luck!
Que tal? Dónde estás en España? I spend alot of time there and my go to binge food is bread, tomatoes, olive oil and lots of red wine naturally. Could not live without hot smoked paprika which goes on and in everything . Having lived in many countries you are far luckier than those poor souls in the US who have a limited range of food in their supermarkets so take advantage!

I notice that Carrefour now do konjac noodles (dukan), and a magnificent sushi and sashimi section. And your fish counters are the best in Europe. You generally have more healthy foods available and you have an abundance of wonderful unique foods. Figs now, caqui soon, cherimoyas also. I'm jealous you are so fortunate.

So that's food sorted. Are you a lonely expat? If so we are here! Besos y un abrazo. :heart:
I think there are a lot of people on this forum (as in life) who have complicated relationships with food and eating and emotional stuff and I think someone already suggested your 'not feeling like it today' might be some sort of unconscious self sabotage strategy......y'know the sort of 'don't do it today' so then beat yourself up mentally for feeling a 'failure' and thinking it's not possible to do this and then feel worse about things and it can end up perpetuating the bad feelings. I think as a lot of others have said - enjoy today and start again tomorrow! I think the thing with all this is perseverance.
Just a thought, perhaps 16:8 might be an even easier option than 5:2 while you live in Spain, as I can fully understand how social life can be extremely centered around food down there.

From what I understand breakfast really isn't much of a big deal in Spain anyway, and it seems to me like it would be very easy to keep your eating in an 8 hour window. Skip breakfast and lunch, eat only from 4 PM to midnight and stay away from carbs as much as possible, and you should be fine even if you only have one proper fast day a week.

My impression is spanish people are rarely fat, their traditional lifestyle is practically 16:8 anyway. Adopt the healthiest parts of their traditions, and build better habits instead of desperately trying to get rid of your own bad ones. Bad habits can never be truly killed, replacing them is the only way.
Hi all

Michael - the 16.8 is a very interesting idea! i guess I never really thought about it like that. I guess I struggle more than most as I am a vegetarian...it is true about breakfast..it usually consists of a short coffee and a tiny sandwhich ....and then there is a snack at around 11 and then lunch is the biggest meal of the day...but 'tasting' seems to be the way things are done here. Nobody really polishes off a full plate...they have a taste of everything and that is that.

Rawkaren - Estoy en Barcelona, y tu? and yes I am a lonely expat...ha ha ha..and in the process of trying to make friends here I find I am going out an awful lot which as you can imagine isnt helping. Thanks for the Carrefour tip! it is IMPOSSIBLE to find the low cal / low carb pasta and noodles here

Caroees...signing up to progress tracker as we speak. Going to go out there with my goal and make it public.

It is 11.20 Spanish time and I've been busy at work and drinking water and water. Planning to have a tomoato salad for lunch and then a mushroom omelette and cauliflower 'rice' for dinner. Never tried it before but I love cauliflower anyway so thought would give it a go.

THANKS ALL...THIS FORUM IS GREAT
Michael's idea is great and is exactly what I do (when I'm in Mallorca). I basically save everything up for either the lunch or dinner out. I have even done a fast day at a lunchtime outing with sashimi or a tuna salad. Mind you, you have my sympathy in Barcelona. All of those lovely lovely tapas bars and that wonderful market. No wonder you have distractions! :cry: :cry:
RooRoo wrote: Hi all

Michael - the 16.8 is a very interesting idea! i guess I never really thought about it like that. I guess I struggle more than most as I am a vegetarian...it is true about breakfast..it usually consists of a short coffee and a tiny sandwhich ....and then there is a snack at around 11 and then lunch is the biggest meal of the day...but 'tasting' seems to be the way things are done here. Nobody really polishes off a full plate...they have a taste of everything and that is that.

Rawkaren - Estoy en Barcelona, y tu? and yes I am a lonely expat...ha ha ha..and in the process of trying to make friends here I find I am going out an awful lot which as you can imagine isnt helping. Thanks for the Carrefour tip! it is IMPOSSIBLE to find the low cal / low carb pasta and noodles here .

Caroees...signing up to progress tracker as we speak. Going to go out there with my goal and make it public.

It is 11.20 Spanish time and I've been busy at work and drinking water and water. Planning to have a tomoato salad for lunch and then a mushroom omelette and cauliflower 'rice' for dinner. Never tried it before but I love cauliflower anyway so thought would give it a go.

THANKS ALL...THIS FORUM IS GREAT

You need to go to the health food section in Carrefour where they have an entire Dukan section. Most of it is stuff I would fit touch with a barge pole but I'm one of those that actually get on with konjac. Spicy tomato "pasta"?
22 posts Page 2 of 2