The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I eat lunch at work two days a week (feast days) and often on these days I will treat myself to a mini 70% cocoa Green & Black's dark chocolate bar (206 cals).

However, these were out of stock today, so instead I grabbed a delicious Kinder Bueno after spotting '123 calories' on the packet. The queue snakes around Waitrose in a set route so you have quite a bit of time pressure which makes decisions more rash, which is why I usually plan.

It seemed to make sense to me that a KB was 123 cals though, as they're so light. This gave me an extra 80 cals to play with so I also upgraded my big packet of chicken pieces to a wholemeal chicken sandwich, along with my usual fruit salad of kiwi, strawberry, papaya and pineapple (96 cals).

Big mistake.

Just happily devoured and enjoyed my Kinder Bueno and then realised they are 123 calories PER BAR. Who only eats one stick?! Nobody, that's who.

What an idiot.

Supposed to be cooking a chicken kiev with sweet potato and celeriac mash and cabbage with lardons tonight, followed by a mini Twister, but am now 230 cals over TDEE including dinner. I am going to have to drastically reduce my portion and forgo my ice lolly if I'm going to stand any chance of staying within 1500 cals!

Oopsies. At least it was delicious.
That's so annoying! And I'm with you, I don't think anyone eats just one bar!
At least it tasted good...
At least you enjoyed it - and, hey 123 calories really isn't going to make that much difference in the scheme of things.
I believe Twix bars are the same, if the serving size is 1 they should come in packs of 1!
Oops indeed. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. No biggy. Hey, at least you now know.
There's a yoghurt drink I like to buy in Japan. The package contains a silly volume (something like 62.5 mls) but the calorie information is for 50mls (I'm guessing, because I can't really read Japanese). Now, obviously, I can calculate the calories per container if I had a calculator at hand, but why not give the cals (and other information) for the full container!
Oh dear now I want to eat chocolate.
Nice picture @lottie89
Oops sorry for any chocolate cravings I've induced!

And thank you @Wineoclock!
8 posts Page 1 of 1