The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 2 of 2
If I was allowed a 4th, I'd go for soup either hot or cold. It's so filling and this time of year whether you are enjoying our forum's fave cauliflower and roasted garlic if you are cold, or gazpacho in the heat, they feel like filling treats but low calorie. I have had alot of home made soup this week and it just feels like a bowl of comforting goodness.
I'll second that @rawkaren - during the summer gazpacho was my lunchtime go to - so refreshing, I always had some in the fridge for emergency moments. I have not made any hot soups (yet) despite autumn arriving. Ate my greens last night - huge plate of winter greens with butter, delicious :like: off to search for some green soup receipes - think my body is in a green craving mode :wink:
Lizbean wrote: Fizzy water
Upped the veg and - don't look now Juliana - reduced the carbs
Planning ahead

I have fallen off the wagon over the last few weeks (no thanks to stressy work) and I'm determined to get back in the saddle, which basically means getting organised. Thanks very much@rawkaren you have spurred me on - I'll be buying a weeks worth of greens later today .............

haha @Lizbeanre the reduced carbs. your first point. fizzy water. do you mean soda water? Mineral water? Tonic water and why?
By fizzy - I mean sparkling mineral water, it has to be cold from the fridge, sometimes I add a slice of lemon/lime. I find it very refreshing, tickles my pallet :wink: and seems to knock any hunger on the head, my tummy thinks it's being fed. 2 litres on a fastday, less on other days. Love my fizzy water ........ San Pellegrino is my favourite at the moment, not cheap but I see it is a treat!
KateKat wrote:
Ieramul wrote: Green - oh great @rawkaren I love Haribo Gummi bears - I don't mind being colour selective... even better M & M do single colour packets... :lol: :cool: :oops:

The first thing I thought of when I read that post was green m&ms too :lol: But the no sugar thing would cancel those out :cry:

Ooooooouuuuh - forgot the NO SUGAR. What a shame. :lol: :razz: Pllants it is then (with no mould). :lol:
KateKat wrote:
Ieramul wrote: Green - oh great @rawkaren I love Haribo Gummi bears - I don't mind being colour selective... even better M & M do single colour packets... :lol: :cool: :oops:

The first thing I thought of when I read that post was green m&ms too :lol: But the no sugar thing would cancel those out :cry:

Ooooooouuuuh - forgot the NO SUGAR. What a shame. :lol: :razz: Pllants it is then (with no mould). :lol:
Lizbean wrote: By fizzy - I mean sparkling mineral water, it has to be cold from the fridge, sometimes I add a slice of lemon/lime. I find it very refreshing, tickles my pallet :wink: and seems to knock any hunger on the head, my tummy thinks it's being fed. 2 litres on a fastday, less on other days. Love my fizzy water ........ San Pellegrino is my favourite at the moment, not cheap but I see it is a treat!

Is it safe to substitute Soda water for mineral water.? I have it both straight and with fresh lemon juice or a lemon slice. Sometimes i will add pomegranate juice or mango juice (just 20mls) to add a bit of flavour. Soda water is really cheap (70 cents for 1.25 litre bottle at Aldi) and goes a long way on hot summer days.
Unfortunately any attempts I make to lose weight more quickly invariably fail, because I am doing something that is not sustainable for me.
Luckily I got to goal last year just before the holiday period...
So what I do to try and minimise holiday gain is:
- have as many fast days as I can fit in (tho no more than 2 a week)
- be as active as I can
- have as many normal eating days as I can - eg if I am not eating with people outside my immediate family, only eat what I normally would.
I do try not to have quite so many goodies as I used to, but I am not very good at that. Unfortunately I seem to be able to eat as much as I always could and am still able to ignore the "I have had enough" signals - not that I get those very much... :(
Good luck Juliana in finding some strategies that will work for you. :)
23 posts Page 2 of 2