The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I've just weighed myself after doing a 36 hr liquid fast and disappointed with weight lose, 3/4 of a lb, I did a 36 hr liquid fast on Sunday too, so was expecting more!! Per haps it will happen one day, suppose some is better than none, I've been at this now 5wks and 3 days with a total lose of 6 lb, is that about average?? Il start eating at around 12 noon, that will give it an extra couple of hrs, didn't get a brilliant sleep as kept thing I can have food soon, and at one point I thought of going to get a biscuit, but I didn't, hehe the joys of trying to get healthy and slim, :clover: :starving:
Could be your body is having a hard time adjusted to everything you are doing to it so it's keeping the fat 'in reserve'.
Well done Smudge on the 36 hour fasts..i havent quite got brave enough for them yet.
The average weight loss is about one pound a week so it sounds like youre on track,slightly better as you've lost 6lb in under six weeks..you could find you have lost more in a few more days!
Keep up the good work,give it time,and remember to mix things up a bit to trick your body so it doesnt go into starvation mode. Know your TDEE and eat to it,and some days under it but not too much under. keep an eye on your cal count if you want to lose more weight. And dont forget those all important health benefits youre getting even if the scales/ tape measure results dont go down!
Hi Smudge. The day after a 36hr liquid only fast I've usually lost more than that BUT my average weekly loss is about 1lb - which is about average amongst our 5:2 buddies. So don't be disheartened - seems like you're doing ok. :smile: Do remember that (again for most of us) this is a slow steady loss - it's not a quick fix!

Keep at it and you WILL see the results :clover:
Thanks all for a quick reply, il take note of what you have all said, was dieting before starting this but not getting any results so even though this is slow doing better than before, just hope i keep it up, have a good day all, :smile: :wink: :like: :clover:
5 posts Page 1 of 1