The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
If I had to choose between face or figure I'd choose being slim every time for the health benefits but also because I'm vain enough to want to look good in (and out!) of my clothes! At 65 I can't avoid having wrinkles and don't care to be honest as I feel fantastic and like @Ballerina and @WenyDarling full of energy! :grin:
It is really inspiring to see so many members here are so delighted with their fitness levels, looks, well being, happiness and general state of being.

Indeed it is so very positive in here it's catchy.

I created the thread not to make people feel that a couple of wrinkles or a few years of age on ones overall appearance is a problem. So it was the outcome I expected from the intelligent group of ladies (and men) in here.
callyanna wrote: If I had to choose between face or figure I'd choose being slim every time for the health benefits but also because I'm vain enough to want to look good in (and out!) of my clothes! At 65 I can't avoid having wrinkles and don't care to be honest as I feel fantastic and like @Ballerina and @WendyDarling full of energy! :grin:

I totally agree with @callyanna's statement and at 63 I too can't avoid having wrinkles. I also would rather be as slim as I am now. I haven't found that people think I look old, rather the opposite wrinkles and all!
A couple of days ago I met 4 different people whom I last saw a year ago about the time of my commencing 5:2, each person said wow you are looking good. The conversation did not touch on weight loss at all. I feel since I have had a month off 5:2 but kept up 6:1 fluid fasts with the odd eating window day of 5 hours to maintain I seem to have lost the pinched look and am more hydrated. I am feeling vibrant, lighter, wearing my smaller clothes, have sparkling eyes and feel as above at my age I can expect wrinkles. Feeling just fine thanks
Well so far the only comment in relation to weight loss and my age was a positive one - a longstanding friend said he thought I looked about five years younger. I was delighted with that comment! My brother has been losing weight with SW and I must admit when I saw him a couple of months ago I thought he looked older and a bit gaunt. However when I saw him again a few weeks ago he looked much less so. He's put about 7lbs back on and has decided to maintain at that weight. Maybe he just went half a stone too far initially? No chance of me doing that, lol. I have asked both my husband and best friend to tell me the moment they think my face is getting too thin. I will stop then whatever my weight.
Noodle wrote: Well so far the only comment in relation to weight loss and my age was a positive one - a longstanding friend said he thought I looked about five years younger. I was delighted with that comment! My brother has been losing weight with SW and I must admit when I saw him a couple of months ago I thought he looked older and a bit gaunt. However when I saw him again a few weeks ago he looked much less so. He's put about 7lbs back on and has decided to maintain at that weight. Maybe he just went half a stone too far initially? No chance of me doing that, lol. I have asked both my husband and best friend to tell me the moment they think my face is getting too thin. I will stop then whatever my weight.

Perfect response @Noodlesand is what I am hypothesizing. In the initial stages of weight loss, people will look better, healthier and probably younger.

But and its a big but... there is a point and it will vary with individuals, that any more loss of weight and the look is more tired, older, more gaunt and worse than prior to that point. Up until that time, you don't have to worry and keep doing what your doing.

Asking a friend or family member to tell you that you have reached that point is excellent as often difficult for ourselves to tell when we have gone beyond.. until you get a photograph done of yourself or you have a real good look in a mirror.
21 posts Page 2 of 2