The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Lost Momentum
13 Aug 2013, 07:44
Over 10 weeks, I lost 15lb through 5:2 and exercise. My focus was to lose weight for holiday.

9 days after getting home, I have done 2 fast days, stopped exercising and eaten huge amounts of cake. I'm 8lb above my last weigh in.

I am finding it so hard to be bothered. I feel grumpy and hungry and like I'm coming down with a cold, generally very sorry for myself. It doesn't help that I am at home with the kids and the kitchen cupboards are stocked for them, my girls keep on baking and it's hard to keep busy (I'm a teacher. Yes, I am aware that I am complaining about having 6 weeks off work)

I don't want to risk the damage I might do if I wait until term starts before tackling this, but I'm really, really struggling.

Has anyone else been through anything similar? Any tips?

:frown:

Thanks x
Re: Lost Momentum
13 Aug 2013, 07:49
Hi:

Here are a few of my problems: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6491.html

Good Luck!
Re: Lost Momentum
13 Aug 2013, 08:00
I have struggled since the return from a weeks holiday early July but I just do the best I can, my weight loss is very slow so that is also demotivating. I figure we will all go through these peaks and troughs. I am mixing things up now and doing 5:2 liquid fasting to see if that can shake things for me. This week for example my fast days are going to be Sunday just past and not again until Saturday. So therefore I will 16:8 through the week to just put a time restraint in at least as I am in too much temptation otherwise.

Hope things get back n track Effie all the best with it
3 posts Page 1 of 1