The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Aaaaaaaaaah, yes, Onoono, now I remember you! You have starved yourself, mate. You need to do better than that or your body will hang to whatever is left!
well i used to starve on non fast days eating less than 1000 cals but now i eat 1500 on non fast days,which is still less than my TDEE of 2000. maybe the starvation mode thing is right and i need to up my cals on non fast days to like 1700? maybe then ill start losing weight again? i just hope its a small phase of my body getting used to it and adjusting and so it can start losing again...
Your body should NOT adjust to 1500 because that would be starvation mode and as soon as you start eating normally you will gain weight. Not to mention that you aren't getting enough nutrition.
You need to get out of this vicious circle of undereating and not losing and undereating even more.
Find your TDEE and eat that, not more, not less. See how you go with that after a month. Even if you gain a couple of kilos, you will probably start losing again.
hmm so now ill eat my tdee on non fast days. lets see if that works in 2 weeks? btw nice signatiure :)
It might take you a month. That's about how long it took me to go from a TDEE of 1200 to one of over 1500, but it was totally worth it! By increasing my TDEE, on the two occasions that I wasn't able to fast (once for almost two weeks and once for almost a month) I just maintained. And I ate whatever I fancied, just not in vast quantities.

Thank you, it was inspired by the long Butter thread. :-)
20 posts Page 2 of 2