The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
The idea is that these ready meals, which come in at just 400 calories, replacing the highly calorific and oily restaurant versions.

The diet Indian and Chinese takeaways, which cost £3.99, are part of the chain’ s successful ‘Count on Us’ range and would fit into the routine of the popular five and two fasting diet.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2p31Js0jV
Thanks for the link Navwoman.

However, I think I'll stick to cooking from scratch on a FD and save myself for a calorific Lamb Dhansak and mushroom rice takeaway treat on an occasional NFD (as I will be doing tonight) :grin:

In my defense, I do only eat half to two-thirds, and save the rest for lunch the next (NF)day :victory:

[I should mention that I LOVE curry and rice, and could eat it for lunch and dinner 7 days a week - and for breakfast too if I 'did' breakfast]
Thanks for this - would be interested to see how these taste and how the portions are. With a spare 100 cals you could add another side of some kind or some extra protein (or a small pud?!)

Which reminds me, I need to post up my curry recipe sometime as it's low enough cal for a fast day but tasty like one from a curry house (my friend's hubby is an indian restaurant chef and taught me the basics)
ooh Moogie, yes, recipe please!
My Friday night treat is not cooking because I cook from scratch every day. We always have curry on a Friday, never a takeaway, always a supermarket cook chill so I will definitely look out for these. I never fast on a Friday but a 400 cal curry wouldn't go amiss even so!
Thanks for letting us know Navwoman
Mmm as far as ready meals go you just can't beat M&S. I usually have their "FullerLonger" range on my fast days but have decided to try, I don't know, a soup or something easy to cook (don't want to spend too long in the kitchen!) I will certainly look out for their Chinese option...thanks

Bean :bugeyes:
7 posts Page 1 of 1