The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Metabolism question....
25 Jul 2013, 12:17
Hi

I thought of this this am and I don't know why i haven't thought of it before.

Does fasting increase (or "rev up") your metabolism?

The story goes as you get older you met slows down.

So, is this fasting reversing that process?

David
Re: Metabolism question....
28 Jul 2013, 13:20
In studies of alternate day fasting the resting metabolic rate was unchanged.
28 Jul 2013, 13:21
Building muscle is possibly the way to go? Comments welcome.
28 Jul 2013, 13:34
Muscle does use more calories than lard, for sure.
28 Jul 2013, 13:45
David, I don't have any scientific knowledge in order to answer your question based on that but I can assure you that my metabolism has increased since I started 5:2. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence but I went from a TDEE of around 1200 to one of more than 1500 and I basically eat whatever I fancy (in moderation, not big lorries full of food) and I maintain.
28 Jul 2013, 13:54
Hmmm..couldn't be down to a wonderfully inventive and wee teeny bit over active imagination!? :grin: just perhaps? :grin:
28 Jul 2013, 14:04
Aw shut up! A gorgeous doctor shows up in my dreams wearing 3 pairs of shoes and suddenly my imagination is over active!
28 Jul 2013, 16:40
TML wrote.........." A gorgeous doctor shows up in my dreams wearing 3 pairs of shoes" .........Blimey TML, was he a sextoped or just a sex maniac? ..........Sorry, can't stop laughing at the mental picture of the Dr with 6 legs, or perhaps he only had two legs with three feet on each or..............methinks a lie down in a dark room is called for...... :shock: :grin: :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
29 Jul 2013, 08:57
Pffffft... you guys are crazy and I'm so sensible (or not?) that I can't talk to you...
9 posts Page 1 of 1