The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
miso soup...
28 Nov 2013, 20:44
Hey guys,

I've read that a lot of people have miso soup on fast days, and also people who do the 'juicr day's have them as well.

Where do you get miso soup from? I'm only familiar with cuppa soup Lol - is it a similar thing?

I would love to do a fast day where I only have liquid. I've read it's meant to be v low in calories too.

Please someone enlighten me :oops:
Re: miso soup...
28 Nov 2013, 20:49
Most large supermarkets. Asian section. Also health stores like nutri centre and holland and Barrett
28 Nov 2013, 20:52
Thanks

Yep I'm in Staffordshire, England so plenty of tesco/asda/aldi/lidls about! Do you eat/drink it? Never know if you eat or drink soup to be honest!
28 Nov 2013, 20:56
@Santa_nethy if you are Aussie the big supermarket chains stock in their Asian section. You get it in either a 200gm or so bag in a paste and you can scoop out a heaped teaspoonful and just add hot water. It is also available in sachet single serve which I find the most convenient.

Stir it well, it is unusual how it looks but just hits the spot ... Does for me. Otherwise a bullion will suffice. The miso is well worth having as a backstop
28 Nov 2013, 21:02
I buy Clearspring miso paste. A quick drink is fine, just a big teaspoon in boiling water, but you can turn it into a soup with veggies, chillis, lime juice, soy/tamari and prawns if you have the calories
28 Nov 2013, 22:35
I've tried miso a few times now and I really don't like it.im not fussy at all but slim noodles are a no no for me too. Sainsburys sell some little sachets. But if you don't like it try an oxo cube or primrose vegetable bouillon. It's a veg stock powder, very helpful if a hot drink settles your tummy rumbles.
28 Nov 2013, 23:52
I don't like miso either bleugghhh so I have Bovril if I need something on a fasting day
29 Nov 2013, 01:17
Miso is yummy but it makes me hungrier..!!
29 Nov 2013, 08:04
LilSmiler wrote: Miso is yummy but it makes me hungrier..!!

I'm with you Lil. I bought some to try on my fast day as I had read that others have it. I had one which was lovely but I really felt I wanted to have a couple more which seemed to defeat the purpose. I'm much better off with green tea.
29 Nov 2013, 12:45
I can't say I like it but it hits the spot if I need to concentrate in the afternoon. I leave the seaweed at the bottom of my mug.
29 Nov 2013, 13:43
I love it. I make it in a mug, and slurp most of it, but eat the seaweed bits with a spoon.

I use the Wakame / Yutaka brand which Tesco stock in their Asian section - it's in a small red and grey box.

I've also tried the clearspring ones, which are more like a cupasoup packet. I get them in health food shops like Holland and Barrett.

Liquids only is fine - but it's not necessarily low cal. If you drank lots of fruit juice, milky coffees or hot chocolates for instance, those would soon mount up.
11 posts Page 1 of 1