The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

26 posts Page 2 of 2
"what do you do on a 0 cal fast?" .....................em.......sorry, but have you not answered your own question there?

Ballerina x :heart:
I don't, I'm doing IF, that's more than enough for me. The fact that I am losing weight reasonably swiftly while still being able to regularly eat whatever the hell I want is the only reason why this WOE is sustainable for me.

That said, on feed days I do try to take lower calorie options which I suppose you could call a diet of sorts.

TedE
PrincessJasmine wrote: Thank you julieathome. Ive always thought that doing 4:3 would help me lose a extra 1lb or so a week but it doesnt seem that way after what you;ve said. I also think your right when you said you can eat what you want, just not how much you want. maybe that is whats doing it on my feed days. Im eating more than i need because i have the mindset of ' im on a feed day so i can' which is wrong. :S

Losing fat weight rapidly is just so hard. To lose 2 pounds a week you need to cut 7000 cal. out of your diet. An average woman only eats 14000 per week. That means she needs an average 1000 cal. per day - almost a starvation diet that is not easy to sustain - to lose 2 pounds. This will give an idea of how the math works:
5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6600.html
:clover:
Ballerina wrote: "what do you do on a 0 cal fast?" .....................em.......sorry, but have you not answered your own question there?

Ballerina x :heart:

Drink lots of water and breathe lots of air? :shock: :curse: :grin:
I'm like most on here and wait until dinner to eat my meal on fast days. I do 4:3 but have lower cal days on Tuesday and Thursday with around 1200-1600 just depending on whats going on. The weekends are great as I can eat what I like within moderation, but still have cake and chocolate in the same day from time to time is AWESOME :cool:
I also work out 4 days a week. This WOE has really helped kick start my weight loss again as it didn't want to budge with low calorie and working out 6 days a week :curse:
simcoeluv wrote:
PrincessJasmine wrote: Thank you julieathome. Ive always thought that doing 4:3 would help me lose a extra 1lb or so a week but it doesnt seem that way after what you;ve said. I also think your right when you said you can eat what you want, just not how much you want. maybe that is whats doing it on my feed days. Im eating more than i need because i have the mindset of ' im on a feed day so i can' which is wrong. :S

Losing fat weight rapidly is just so hard. To lose 2 pounds a week you need to cut 7000 cal. out of your diet. An average woman only eats 14000 per week. That means she needs an average 1000 cal. per day - almost a starvation diet that is not easy to sustain - to lose 2 pounds. This will give an idea of how the math works:
5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6600.html
:clover:

well when you put it like that then yes 2lb a week is a lot to lose! i think ill be looking at that 1lb a week im losing and me grateful :)
I have a LOT of weight to lose and am also unable to exercise (I try and sneak some in every now and again, but the pain puts me in bed if I try)yet I am losing a bumpy 1 to 1.4 pounds a week. by bumpy I mean that some weeks, like this week I seem to be standing still, yet next week I will lose 2lbs, its the constant downward trend that I like to look at. Have a look at my stats if you want. The only time I have gone up was when we had the really hot weather and I had terrible water retention. My son is also following the plan and he stayed the same weight for 4 weeks yet as soon as it cooled down he lost 6lb and pee'd for England for 2 solid days.
I do liquid fasting for 2 days (around 50 cals) and eat low carb whenever I eat at home on my feed days (too hard to avoid carbs when I eat out). This is partly to help with weight loss, but mainly to make sure I eat really well on feed days, lots of nutrients (and some spare cals to spend on wine !) Its working well, and I'm really enjoying what I eat.
I was fasting like you for 24hrs and then having my 400 cal meal and then a hot choc for bed and then realised one day I wasn't actually hungry, still ate it that day though! But wildmissus posted about trying a full fast for 36hrs and I tried it and I found it no better/worse than a 24hr fast especially after I had done a few, suits me not to start eating and now I don't even feel hungry on fast days (even managed one this week whilst away on holiday without any bother), I've found it's made my weight loss more consistent although it hasn't massively improved the rate of loss. If you fancy it there's a weekly 36hr fast thread. I have black coffee, water and diet coke.
:sleepy: See the difference is i try and go to the gym 2-3 a week which ive been doing for the last month. whereas in may i started walking twice a week with some friends and found i was burning double even triple what i would in the gym and i was losing weight. since i stopped that in july, thats when ive been having this plateau problem. so maybe the gym isnt as great as it makes out to be. I also found in the hot period i didnt feel like eating so much because it was almost too hot to eat. I think ive learnt a lot from these post about being happy at a slow weight lose rather than a quick fix. But well done julieathome for losing the weight you have so far, and i hope it carrys on just as well.

mariposa i find 36 hour fast (500 cal meal for dinner) works better for me than a 24 hr fast. i seem to lose that little bit more weight. plus i found i have about 1-2 hours of on and off hunger before my meal, then after that im fine
Julie, I find it easier to fast when it is hot (what's better to eat than a cold salad when it's 35C outside) but water retention is a nightmare. Quite often I have to take pills to balance things up, although I do try to avoid them.
26 posts Page 2 of 2