The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Moogie's Blog
20 Sep 2013, 00:02
Moogie, if you ever read this, your blog is fantastic.

It is just a wealth of information for me. I'm getting so much valuable information and tips, I don't even know where to begin. I bookmarked it on my computer so I can easily find it.

I too am just not active. I've decided to just move more. I've read where just simple activity - movement - helps. I hope that will help with weight loss.

I love reading about how others are doing this. It will really help me. Have you considered writing a book? I'm serious.

Thanks for that blog.
Re: Moogie's Blog
20 Sep 2013, 00:35
teatime wrote: I too am just not active. I've decided to just move more. I've read where just simple activity - movement - helps. I hope that will help with weight loss.

@teatime, if you want more information about NEAT, check this thread started by kencc. the-5-2-lab-f10/topic5055.html :smile:
20 Sep 2013, 12:53
Betsy, I thank you so much for that link.

Do you know that I have a book by James A. Levine, Move A Little, Lose A Lot, New N.E.A.T Science, that's been sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust? Maybe it's time to actually read it! I think he gives a diet too, but I 'll just ignore that part.
20 Sep 2013, 13:31
Thanks teatime, I'm so glad you've found my blog useful. I've never blogged before but I felt the need to put my experiences in writing, such is my love of 5:2 :) I did wonder about a book as there's so much more on my list to write about, but I'd prefer to give the info away than make people buy it. I guess I could do a free e-book or something. I certainly can't imagine any publishers being interested as I write as if I'm talking to someone which I guess isn't the norm for books ;)
20 Sep 2013, 13:57
On the contrary, Moogie! That's the best kind of writing. Go for it!

Marybeth
20 Sep 2013, 17:40
I agree with MaryBeth Moogie. The two books I DID buy on 5:2, one by Kate Harrison and another one by Jacqueline Whitehouse are very conversational and talk of personal experiences on 5:2. That's why I bought them over The Fast Diet, which is a bit drier and more clinical (although I'll buy that one down the road as well). Moogie, people love to read about success stories and others' experiences. If you ever write a book, I will buy it!
6 posts Page 1 of 1