The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Motivational quotes.
17 Nov 2013, 22:41
Many of us have fridge magnets or signatures that help us to get through the day. On my wall in front of me I have one supposed to be from J.K.Rowling

Is fat really the worst thing a human being can be?
Is fat worse than vindictive, jealous, shallow, vain,boring, evil or cruel?
Not to me.
Re: Motivational quotes.
17 Nov 2013, 22:57
This got me through the summer..... simple, but effective for me.

I still have it as my FB cover pic and they were the most motivating words for me with my weight loss... I even chanted it to myself when I was running the C25K programme and felt like I needed to slow down to a walk.....

The other thing I did was create my starting size image on http://www.modelmydiet.com/ and also my target weight image, splice them together and had them on my PC as my wallpaper so everytime I sat down at the pooter (which was one of the times I'd always reach for a biscuit or cake), the first thing I saw was the image I was and the one I wanted to be. That reminder ALWAYS stopped me heading for the kitchen.....
18 Nov 2013, 09:47
Not sure if it's a quote as such, but I heard it on the radio earlier this year by a guest on a radio show and it just struck a chord (it's now part of my signature)

There's nothing wrong with the situation, just my attitude towards it!

That seems to get me through a lot of :oops: sticky situations when I feel a downward spiral approaching !!
18 Nov 2013, 11:33
Domane wrote: This got me through the summer..... simple, but effective for me.

I still have it as my FB cover pic and they were the most motivating words for me with my weight loss... I even chanted it to myself when I was running the C25K programme and felt like I needed to slow down to a walk.....

The other thing I did was create my starting size image on http://www.modelmydiet.com/ and also my target weight image, splice them together and had them on my PC as my wallpaper so everytime I sat down at the pooter (which was one of the times I'd always reach for a biscuit or cake), the first thing I saw was the image I was and the one I wanted to be. That reminder ALWAYS stopped me heading for the kitchen.....

That's nice! I have just been on modelmydiet. It was great fun, but I didn't see much of a difference on the before and after. And I still have a way to go. This morning, I changed my signature. I read it this weekend and thought it applied to me at the moment.
18 Nov 2013, 12:38
My favourite saying is
"Life is like a coin - you can spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once" :smile:
18 Nov 2013, 12:38
Hey @Domane thanks for that model website link. I have spent many an hour trying to find diet inspiration with something similar but never managed to. This is just brilliant...although I think my goal weight now needs to be lower...a lot lower, to get to my preferred look!!

I'll get back to you with a motivational quote :-)

Bean :cool:
18 Nov 2013, 12:42
As my signature says
'Little by Little One Travels Far' attributed to Tolkien but no proof to this claim. One of my DD has this quote tattooed on her arm.
18 Nov 2013, 17:08
If you continue to think
like you've always thought,
you'll continue to get
what you always got.
18 Nov 2013, 17:19
You CAN have your cake and eat it (tomorrow)
18 Nov 2013, 21:26
I think the modelmydiet site needs further development - the "before" image of me, when my BMI was about 25, shows a flat stomach, smooth - slightly wide - hips, tight butt. Wrong! And I'm never going to look like the "after" image. It's maybe sort of what my body looked like at 21....

My current favorite quote - which I should really add to my signature - is

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
09 Jan 2014, 04:52
And if today is as bad as it gets, understand that by tomorrow, that today would have ended.
09 Jan 2014, 11:10
The one in my signature by Ralph Waldo Emerson. I have a poster on my wall of an iceberg and this is the quote that comes with it, under the word 'Potential'. Cheesy, but I quite like it for 5:2 because it's about recognising that you are the only one who has the potential to change yourself :)
11 Jan 2014, 04:47
Not sure if these are motivational,not in weight loss terms anyways,but i find them inspirational and true!.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
(Jimi Hendrix)

" When music hits me, I feel no pain" ( Bob Marley)

"Music is the only religion that delivers the goods" ( Frank Zappa)

"Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting a battle".. (Attributed to a few people,amongst them J. M. Barrie,author of Peter Pan x)
image.jpg
(12.2 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
11 Jan 2014, 19:32
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

5:2 was my "just one more time" and this time is the last time.
11 Jan 2014, 20:27
Oh so many for me!

One my father used to say to me when I was struggling with projects in primary - he attributed it to Mao Tse Tung! - but I have since discovered it goes much further back, it's actually Lao Tse, one of the founders of Taoism ( if a philosophy that is so much about flow can be said to have a founder!) - of course it's "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
17 posts Page 1 of 2