The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Mouth vs Stomach
20 Nov 2013, 03:20
Does anyone else get the feeling when your stomach tells you it is full, but your mouth is telling you to keep putting yummy things in it? :bugeyes:

Or is it just me? :?:
Re: Mouth vs Stomach
20 Nov 2013, 03:40
It is just you.

Only joking. My problem is eating for taste. I love the taste of food. I don't eat to fill up. Ideally, there'd be a trapdoor in my lower jaw where the food could just drop through after I've tasted it.
20 Nov 2013, 03:48
Hey Fishbaum thats an excellent idea,i want one of those trapdoors
And yes Al my mouth often tells me to eat stuff while my tum is saying No Thank you I' m full up!
My eyes are the same. - they are bigger than my belly :confused:
20 Nov 2013, 03:54
I think a lot of people are like this :)
I hate to leave anything on my plate so I tend to eat it all no matter how full I am. I literally shovel in the last few mouthfuls sometimes :/
20 Nov 2013, 04:00
I have the same problem :) Food can look and smell and taste so delicious that it is very hard to pay attention to other signals from the body, such as "I'm full" or "I don't need to eat that"...

The trapdoor sounds great... I did do a healthy eating course once where it was suggested that we really try to savour all foods, especially those that are more-indulgent - eg don't just stuff a block of chocolate down your mouth while reading, but break off a small piece, let it dissolve slowly in your mouth, think about the taste sensations and really savour it. Chances are you won't eat as much. Also, if you are going to eat chocolate, buy the best possible chocolate and really appreciate it. If you are paying $2 (as I did recently) for one chocolate, then you want to enjoy it!!
20 Nov 2013, 04:50
Yes yes and a big YES! I don't know how many times I have thought I shouldn't have had that last bite as I am so full but the taste is just too good to resist! Especially when it is something you rarely eat!
20 Nov 2013, 05:12
I astound myself at my capacity for shovelling food in even when full. I'm sure I could win competitions with my prowess. I'll order one of those trapdoors thanks Fishbaum.
20 Nov 2013, 05:15
mouthfeel! psychological and physiological sensations from food.
Love it and also regularly don;t eat things after a taste because I don't like the texture.
used to not be able to eat the 'bubbly bits' on broccoli even though I love the taste.
Trap door required here too! :D
8 posts Page 1 of 1