The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Mucked up my fast day
21 Jan 2014, 06:23
Normally I fast Tuesday and Thursday, so yesterday I ate muesli and Yoghurt for breakfast as a normal non fast day and then my lovely wife let me know she is working late and can we swop our Monday and Tuesday dinner plans?

So I decided to change my fast day, but unfortunately I had already eaten the muesli, I made it to late afternoon and had a boiled egg and a bit of chicken breast but was feeling completely off. Before bed I had to have a slice of bread.

My cal intake for the day according to myfitnesspal ended around 850.
Now I don't really want to fast again today and we have the dinner plan anyway.

I am simply going to reduce my calories for the day to about 1500 and fast again on Thursday and forget about it.

What would you do?
Re: Mucked up my fast day
21 Jan 2014, 06:31
Don't mind, there will be another fast day, as you probably intend to live for a couple of years to come. Be flexible and love it :cool:
21 Jan 2014, 06:32
Hi and welcome:

I would forget about it. No big deal.

Just go back to your schedule. This is a long term process. One miss makes no difference.

Here are some tips: post68626.html#p68626

Good Luck!
21 Jan 2014, 06:34
I would mentally put it as a low cal day and fast on the next planned day.
The benefits of fasting are twofold- the weight loss by calorie deficit over the week and the health benefits. You've reduced calories so that's a win!
If you look on this as a way of eating/life, then one 'missed' fast in the great scheme of things isn't really much to fret about.
;)
21 Jan 2014, 06:36
Hi,

That sounds a reasonable compromise to me. There's no need to beat yourself up. One small blip in the scheme of things is not a problem.

Good luck :clover:
5 posts Page 1 of 1