The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
My 5 Year Fastiversary
24 Jan 2018, 00:55
So, I started fasting on 24th January 2013 - and here I am 5 years later still fasting 3 times a week (mostly) to maintain the weight I lost.

Needless to say fasting has totally transformed my life. I am so grateful that I found this way of eating. If I put on a few pounds, eg if I go on holiday, then I know that as soon as I get back to fasting the pounds will come off again.

I have found this to be a totally sustainable way of life and I intend to carry on fasting for good.
Re: My 5 Year Fastiversary
24 Jan 2018, 08:48
Congratulation! Great persistence and excellent results. You deserve a spot in the hall of fame :like:
24 Jan 2018, 11:55
Congratulations! Very impressive to be able to maintain the weight loss for 5 years. Although, I have to say that fasting 3x a week seems like a lot for maintenance, but I assume that means you don't have to worry too much about what you eat the other days!
24 Jan 2018, 12:59
Congratulations. I've done slightly over 5 years. Unlike you I've never managed to reach 'maintenance' although like you I have found that fasting , 2 times a week for me, has helped me maintain the weight loss I achieved initially. Fasting has also been a game changer for me. I'm long time hypothyroid and recently had my medication increased slightly so maybe 2018 will be the year when I go' black' like you. :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: ( best I can do for a bouquet)
25 Jan 2018, 00:12
Congratulations Chris, @Chris p, you are a "poster girl" for this way of eating! The maintenance of your weight loss is particularly creditable - your must be so pleased.

Any tips for how not to get sick of fasting?? I managed regular fasting for nearly 2 years then found I just couldn't face it any more. I manage some fast (generally only light) days from time to time, but can't get into a routine. Thanks!
25 Jan 2018, 17:50
Thank you @Sassy. I think it's just become such a routine for me that my brain just accepts that certain days I don't eat till dinner and I generally don't feel hungry.

It probably helps that I fast on the two days I work and I'm so busy, I just don't think about food. I think in general keeping busy on a fast day helps. On my third day, I sometimes let myself have something extra.

A big incentive for sticking to it, is having bought loads of lovely clothes, I really want to keep on wearing them!

The only time I don't fast is when I am on holiday. But to be honest, after indulging myself for a week, I'm usually ready to get back on it and lose the weight that piles on when I don't fast.
29 Jan 2018, 11:39
Congratulations! Five years of fasting is very impressive. I dropped the ball about 18 months ago but recently have started to take it serious again as I know that it works.
29 Jan 2018, 15:08
Fantastic achievement, I take my hat off to you. Such a good routine to maintain.
:like: :clover: :heart: :smile:
08 Feb 2018, 12:44
Congratulations, @Chris P, on your five years of adopting the fasting WOL. I joined at almost the same time as you and can remember when you achieved your goal weight. (There were a lot of us doing that in the 'old days') I also maintain using 5:2 when required but not as frequently as you - that is the reason my Tracker looks like the Himalayas! I seem to have to reach just over 11 stone before it kicks me back into fasting for a few weeks! I really would like to get over that - maybe in 2018!

Anyway, well done and I hope that this WOL is still proving so effective in another five years. :victory:
9 posts Page 1 of 1