The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
My crazy diet from 1975!
26 Feb 2014, 16:09
I came across this page in the back of my 1975 diary - I was just 15, and this was my latest diet .... rather a lot of cream crackers and fish fingers! :lol: :bugeyes:

Not sure about those dodgy calories counts either!! :confused: :wink:
Re: My crazy diet from 1975!
26 Feb 2014, 16:28
What a trip down memory lane!
I wish I had kept my old diaries from when I was a teenager - I wonder what on earth was in them?
:-)
26 Feb 2014, 17:08
That's pretty funny!

Here are some Weight Watchers recipe cards from 1974. The pictures alone are funny, but the commentary with them is hysterical!

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html
26 Feb 2014, 17:22
Ha ha! Those pics are weird, who ate that stuff? I thought a diet of endless cups of tea (with milk) and fish fingers was more your typical seventies diet, I don't recall my mum ever coming up with jellied salads or grey savoury puddings... :grin: :bugeyes:
26 Feb 2014, 17:27
You were very good with boiled eggs, though @Lizzieh! Although, I have to say, it looks as though you were munching in them whilst completing your diary!!!!

Bean :starving: :dazed:
26 Feb 2014, 17:37
:shock: lol!

or was it the butter and jam (57 cals)? :lol:
26 Feb 2014, 21:29
Great find Lizzieh. Maybe the idea of those WW cards was to put you off eating forever, yuck.
26 Feb 2014, 23:37
LOL. Back in the day I joined a gym called Gloria Stevens. I got the six week membership. I did group exercises 5days a week and ate a veg diet. I lost 27 pounds in six weeks! Oh, those were the days.
8 posts Page 1 of 1