The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
My first fast yesterday!!
21 Sep 2013, 12:54
Hello all!

I started this diet yesterday with my first fast, and I would like to share with you how it went. My initial plan was just to have an early dinner at about 4:00 pm. The day started well, however, at about 11:30 am I started to feel very hungry. I distracted myself taking my kiddos for a walk, and doing other stuff. I did not give in.

I was looking forward to my early dinner. However, at 4:00 pm, decided to keep going without eating, and finished the day with no food at all. Drank lots of water. Today, is my second fasting day, and planning to do a full fast day as well. For the first time in my life, I actually enjoyed feeling hungry. I felt in control, and I felt I was not a slave to food. I feel very energetic, determined, motivated, I just feel great. I will keep you posted on how my second day of fasting today goes. Who is fasting today with me?? :like:
Re: My first fast yesterday!!
21 Sep 2013, 13:05
Hi solangel, welcome. I'm glad you first fast went well and your feeling positive. I didn't think you were supposed to do the fast on consecutive days. I'm sure some do but I think on the other 5 days I would over eat. I've not been doing this for long but last week by non-fast day 3 I was definitely eating more than non-fast day 1 & 2. Like I said I've not been doing this for long so other may have better advice. I wish you the best of luck. Well done, the first few fast are supposed to be the worst.
Dee
21 Sep 2013, 13:29
Hi justdee. Thank you for your advices and encouragement. Yes, doing the fasting in two consecutive days was not my plan. I am just experimenting to see how I feel, how my body and mind react, and most importantly, to come up with a routine that I can fit into my schedule. I will see how it goes today, if I am able to finish another full fasting day or no, and go from there. I appreciate all the advice I can get, it is very important to me. I like to listen to others, and have an open mind. Thank you again.
21 Sep 2013, 13:42
Hi solangel WoW you did very well indeed :heart:
I've done 2 fasts back2back with no problems at all but I do always take my calorie allowance meal each evening. Dr M split the days because it was easier for most people basically up to the individual.
Thinks it best for you to play around to see what suits you best.
Again Well done and Good Luck. :clover: Sue. :clover:
21 Sep 2013, 13:56
Goodness me. Hardcore from the get go. Kudos to you. :victory: :victory: Back in the day I did 3 day water only fasts but I have learned to be nicer to myself and go gently. Welcome and shout out if you need anything.
21 Sep 2013, 13:58
Forgot to say, Search for liquid fasting tips. If you like it, then there is loads of advice here. I do it with coffee, butter and coconut oil.
21 Sep 2013, 14:34
Welcome to the forum solangel. OMG No cals at all. I'm not are that what you have done is sustainable, but well done. I Hope your tummy doesn't grumble too much this evening. But doing 16.8 on non fast days is a good way of stopping the over eating. It's nice to know that you are in control, and that being hungry will not kill you.
21 Sep 2013, 16:22
Thank you all for your replies, concerns, and wonderful advices. As I said, I do not know for how long I will keep doing the full fast days, I do not even know if I will finish today with no intake at all. I am just seeing how I react to this new way of eating. Is this sustainable in the long term? I do not know the answer to that yet, maybe yes, maybe not. One of the things about fasting that appeals to me, is that it is flexible. Circumstances change all the time, and being able to adjust our fasting to those circumstances I think is great. Again, thank you all. :like:
8 posts Page 1 of 1