The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

29 posts Page 1 of 2
For the first time in months, I feel totally lethargic. I'm usually an energetic bod, who likes to get things done, but today, all I can manage is some hovering and dusting.
All my good intentions to exercise on the treadmill, do some research on a new chutney and make some chilli jam have gone by the board, which means I'll have to be busy tomorrow instead.
Anybody else experience days like this, when your get up and get gets up and goes?
I am having a 'bad' day too. :cry: It's the weather or something!!! Feeling down, fed up, tired, etc etc. Let's hope it's not catching Penny.
Gosh, sorry to hear you're having a bad day too, Auriga.
Maybe the weather has more to answer for than we think. Bah, humbug!
Ahhh don't worry Penelope! Sh** Happens!
You just kick back and give yourself some Time Out. Or i will put you on the Naughty Step! :grin:

Sometimes, your getting up going is God's way of saying Hey it's the weekend! Chillax!
Plus its the last day of January and what a busy time it's been for you..What with ..
winning awards,
shedding even more weight,
training pups,
arranging get togethers,
buying stuff,
keeping everyone's spirits up,
writing stories about spirits!
dryathloning,
looking after Hubz,
not to mention Kilted Sausage Man ! :wink:
Whoooooo... and that was just the FIRST day of January! :shock:

I think you need a big bottle of red ..you know it makes sense :razz:
:heart: :heart: @PennyForthem Now that isn't like you at all I hope it wasn't me dampening your day because you not been able to do the hovering is so worrying. Lol

may have to "borrow" a chilli jam recipe off you :heart:

But yes as you know my get up and go has buggered off
completely but I bet I'll catch it up after my short break. :heart:
My get up and go went, I've had a sleep, and now it's back. Blooming anaesthetics, he wasn't joking when he said 6 months for it to fully leave my system.. :frown:

So Penny I have one question.
What will you be breaking for booze fast with.? (Or is that a nasty question to ask) :shock:
PennyForthem wrote: ... today, all I can manage is some hovering and dusting...
That hovering really takes it out of you, @PennyForthem. Walking on water is exhausting, too! :smile:

I find that nowadays, I tend to have one day when I'm fit for everything and then the next I'm good for nothing. I have decided that, in my retirement, my body is just making up for all the time I spent out of the home working!

Now I just love it when I check my diary and 'Tasks' list and there is a big fat nothing on them! :lol:
Thank you for making me smile, Sue and Candicemarie!
I think I've just seen my get up and go dancing (or hovering?)away down the garden with Kilted sausage man!!

Breaking my booze fast possibly tomorrow, Carie, but not sure if I'll just go on and do some more dryathloning!
My get up and go has also got up and gone today. The thought of the Dryathlon ending is keeping me going! Last year we opened the wine at midnight but I purposely fasted today so I would hang on until tomorrow... It's been a long month. If you carry on Penny, you are a better woman than me, I am desperate!
I've had a week of feeling bleugh. It's the time of year; everyone is stressed at work, not enough time in the day to get everything done. I am usually an energetic, optimistic person but at the moment I'm drowning under paperwork; for school, for our property business all sorts of rubbish. However I have seen the daffodils coming up and tomorrow I'm going to check if my snowdrops are out. I can't believe I haven't looked at them yet this year :( Have managed 3 runs a week for the past 4 weeks and I've hit my target weight so I ought to be buzzing! xx
5:2 forum members are dropping like flies at the moment, :deadrose: it must be the post Christmas :snail: January weather :sleepy: can't face housework :neutral: can't face work :phone: don't want to cook :pizza: don't want to be nice to people :shutmouth: feel like :poop: don't want to eat.....hang on....don't want to EAT? Ah, I misheard, phew, that's alright then you are all just fine. I think we need an emergency pick me up tent round here, :doctor: with soft music :musical: a few relaxing glasses of something :drink: and soon, before this virus spread throughout the whole forum. :fear:

Ballerina x :heart:
I'm in @ballerina
Now Penny, you may normally be the proverbial busy bee but that doesn't mean that you have to take this 'hovering' lark literally you know :confused: Just get those feet back on to terra firma and see how much less energy that takes! :lol:
Seriously, just chill and remember it's a new month tomorrow so hope you're feeling much better and ready to face it. :grin: :heart:
Ballerina wrote: 5:2 forum members are dropping like flies at the moment, :deadrose: it must be the post Christmas :snail: January weather :sleepy: can't face housework :neutral: can't face work :phone: don't want to cook :pizza: don't want to be nice to people :shutmouth: feel like :poop: don't want to eat.....hang on....don't want to EAT? Ah, I misheard, phew, that's alright then you are all just fine. I think we need an emergency pick me up tent round here, :doctor: with soft music :musical: a few relaxing glasses of something :drink: and soon, before this virus spread throughout the whole forum. :fear:

Ballerina x :heart:

I think we need a 'spa' tent, where we can 'hover' in jacuzzis or spa baths, have lots of treatments, massages, facials etc, with the odd glass of champers or prosecco, some of those scrumptious cakes that @rawkaren photographed flown in from California, along with really good 85% dark chocolate, oh and not forgetting makeovers - clothes and makeup both

:cool: :lol: :cool: :lol: :cool: :lol: :cool: :lol: :cool: :lol: :cool: :lol: :cool: :lol: :cool:
Spa tent? Puurrleease.....
My get up and go last seen heading over Snowdon... come back.........
29 posts Page 1 of 2