The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Need a helping hand!
07 Feb 2014, 13:36
Hi @Dragonsheart
I feel your pain! I love my carbs and I used to love rice cakes - low cal, filling, etc... but I've been unlearning all sorts of stuff since I've been on this forum and someone pointed me to some info about food with high GI - and rice cakes are one - :shock: - basically causing the same sort of effect on your metabolism as sugar, they can make you hungry more quickly than certain other foods, even other carbs. Quick explanation here - http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/die ... -never-eat

So not all carbs are equal, and it's not just about calories, basically... :curse:
I agree with ditching the diet shakes too - junk food! :grin:

Personally I find it suits me to skip breakfast, but I can't go all day on just fluids so I have quite a big salad at lunchtime (which includes ham or cheese) and then soup in the evening, the later the better so I don't go to bed hungry.

Good luck! :clover:
07 Feb 2014, 14:02
When I started this WoE, I would wait as long as I could then have a boiled egg with a cup of bouillon (veggie bouillon is loaded with flavor!) and then a decent dinner of veg and a bit of protein (grilled chicken or tilapia or salmon). You will find your way but just remember, you will get hungry and it won't last for very long, drink some water or tea and wait it out. Keep busy, go for a walk, chat with a friend or come here and browse around, this forum is great for distraction. ;)
07 Feb 2014, 14:07
@lizzieh Wow just looked through that and am really surprised by it, never eaten shark though so am safe on that point! ;)

Have popped up the shakes on my local FB selling page, so some other person can use erm! breakfast i can't skip, but like carorees says, i can push back eating it each fast day!

@betsysgr8 loads of people say that bouillon is good to have on fast day, think i may invest in some next shopping trip! I think i will sit here next fast day with my mug of fruit tea, i'll get a load of support and help, :D
07 Feb 2014, 14:22
:heart: Hi @DragonsHeart Believe me I didn't reach
19 stones by not loving my carbs, so at my start of this WOL I cut out breakfast ( carb overload cereals) also cut out my lunchtime bread ( another carb overload). I made it as a salad with everything on a plate without the bread these two changes were enough of a start with the reduction process as you've already been told its the carbs that give us cravings resulting in our fastday ruined.
I do think if you can go all day before eating and keep busy you could then havea 2 course evening meal as I do this is then filling enough to keep me away from the fridge, I think your breakfast and lunch are waking up the hunger monster in you as loads of us have found along the way. :heart:
07 Feb 2014, 14:40
@Sue.Q yeah i think my bread at lunch time will have to go, i'm thinking of swapping it for a salad with a thin helping of chicken and a spoonful of sweetcorn each fast day!

Keeping busy will help me i think, that and drinking lots! the sugar and carb monsters do like to raise their heads on fast day, but i'm gonna persevere in battling them! :)
07 Feb 2014, 16:24
I have ditched "normal bread" for the Thins. They are only 100 cals for one and seem to be good on a non Fast day. Though saying that tonight I have hot pot and have made some bread to go with it.
21 posts Page 2 of 2