The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
New Slimfast Noodle products
27 Oct 2015, 15:04
I spotted these recently and wondered if anyone had tried them.
http://www.slimfast.co.uk/catalog/noodl ... la-noodles
They come in at under 100 cals and could make a quick easy fast day lunch. During my time fasting I have used the plain noodles to help pad out a fast day dinner and am thinking of trying them.
If you try them, @SianS, let us know what you think. It might be interesting to have a look at the list of ingredients. I suspect that they are full of colouring and preservatives but that could just be my suspicious mind! I think that I would prefer a bowl of soup. :smile:
@StowgateResident I have no doubt they are full of all sorts of rubbish, but if they are tasty and filling I'm prepared to give them a try. I just wish I had thought of them when I was in town earlier as my local Waitrose doesn't stock them.
I'll report back
Well, all I can say is that without Zero Noodles (& of course this site!) I wouldn't have lost my 14kg & maintained for over 2 years
I bought one of each variety yesterday (30% off at Boots) and have just had the Thai one for my Fast day lunch. It was tasty and filling, the packaging does stress the need to drink 1-2 glasses of water with it, which I haven't done yet.
I'm staying at my Mother's house next week and will be taking the other 2 packs with me so that I can attempt to fast without making it too obvious and getting into a debate about it.
Useful? - Yes
Good Value? - Not really
Interested as you know I hate slim noodles and they may have been a fave of mine if I could have tolerated them esp as I love real noodles.
Sometimes we need a convenient quick fix, and the fact that you're supposed to drink so much with them makes me think that it's to swell them up inside to keep you fuller for longer maybe!
I usually opt to not eat anything if I'm in a hostile environment without the means to eat something good.
6 posts Page 1 of 1