The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

I am now starting into my third week of 4:3 way of life. I am 5ft and two weeks ago weighed in at 133.9 lbs. I have been doing the 4:3 on a Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. so have done 6 fast days in total. Yesterday I weighed in at 126 lbs. Couldnt believe it. But I know this week the results wont be as drastic as the first week was probably fluid lose. On my fast days I only have coffee with skimmed milk until around 6pm then have my 500 calories, usually meat, potatoes and veg. On my eating days I dont usually feel hungry until about lunch time. I havnt been over doing it on the eating days. I am off on holiday in two weeks time to an all inclusive so I know all the weight loss will probably be in vain. But I enjoy this WOL too much to stop it. I feel worse after eating. I prefer the fasting days as I dont feel as groggy. Just my tummy rumbling but I can live with that.
Hi & welcome :) Well done on your loss so far, and good to know you understand some of it will be fluid loss and that subsequent weeks won't have such large drops. Even if you're off on an all-inclusive holiday at least you've lost a bit of weight beforehand and when you come back I'm sure you'll be keen to fast again after all the indulgence - I know I felt much better a couple of fasts after my holiday earlier this year!
Welcome and well done on yr weight loss so far!x
Hi Iblair and Welcome :heart:
Wow you're off to a brilliant start, I got started with 5 weeks to go before my holiday earlier in the year and I dropped 1 stone before I went.
Upon my return I didn't weigh-in so as to not get depressed about my gain that I knew from my clothing. Got on scales 8 days later to weigh same as day I got on plane :heart:
I follow you one week later and probably do same again, was going to do 16:8 each day but like you booked AI so will just do the best I can as before low calorie choices with plenty chicken & fish, don't worry about any gain BUT do be determined to fast right away on your return that's what worked for me got my usual 3 days plus 2 16:8 :heart: easy on easy off that's my motto :shock: Holiday's are for having a good time so enjoy yourself and repair any damage done on your return :clover: Sue :clover:
Thanks for the encouragement. I am going to do another 6 days before I leave so hope to have a few more lbs off. Will go away and enjoy the all inclusive and get back into a routine on my return. It's an easy way to lose weight and I am enjoying it. I just don't think about food on my fast day. When you get into the right frame of mind it's easy.
5 posts Page 1 of 1