The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
So, it started right away: I went to eat a dessert on my feed day and I was STUFFED.. I felt sick. On my feed days, I am finding I get full really fast. Tonight, my dinner was SMALLER than my pm meal on my fast day! I am eating dessert and will STILL be 250 under my TDEE. Anyone have this happen? I am shocked that it is happening b/c on fast day I fantasize about eating up all those calories!
You are not alone.
Yep, I have this problem right now. I was dreaming about healthy sardines in tomato sauce on multigrain rounds for post fast brekky. Not hungry at all, its 11 am and couldnt be fussed eating. Yet on a fast day, my tummy has spasms of hunger. Weird I know. :smile:
glad I am not alone. I think it is good and perhaps my stomach is "shrinking" as they say, but I still want to look forward to eating!
You can look forward to eating. You can eat absolutely anything you want - it just might be in smaller portion sizes than you're used to.
I'm discovering a Take It or Leave It attitude in myself towards food on feed days. It's just sort of crept up on me all by itself. Astonishing, after a lifelong attitude of - Take it quick (in case it runs away) and then have some more!
Amazing isn't it ! Even if I wanted to, I cannot eat as much at a meal (feed day) ! Just feel fuller so much quicker :like:
I in general feel fuller on feast days and I notice feeling full very easily or loss of appetite if I do fasts closer together but not always. Even if in general my portions are smaller i can still eat a lot on feast days and need to watch my calories at least some. I do like when I can tell
My stomach is smaller by how little food it takes me to get full.
Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday, and thinking about it, it's not the first time either. I consumed less than 700 cals on a feast day. This was mainly due to the fact that I tried those barenaked noodles which kept my intake down. I also had a mainly veg soup for brunch. Ended the day with a massive glass of cava and some nachos. It's because we aren't snacking as we know we don't need them.
Exactly the same here. So full in fact that I had brekkie and lunch and then just had a few biccies with some dip for tea; I was stuffed lol
I have had that happen - was really pleased when it did. However some days I do slip into eating for the sake of it and when I'm not hungry.

At least I know if I do start getting into bad habits again its easier to get back on track and doesn't feel too restrictive.

I have found that I often crave healthier foods when hungry which is great.
11 posts Page 1 of 1