The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey y'all!

So just a quick hello as I haven't posted for a few weeks again.

How is everybody? I do pop on for a little read now and then to see how you're all doing :)

I'm going well, off to NZ next Saturday which I'm really excited about :) I've also been off the booze for the past 8 days (very good for me) and have promised myself I won't have a drink until next Friday.. a few weeks off of the wine should do SOME good? My wallet is liking it anyhow :razz:

I'm actually feeling really good from not being on it.. I don't really feel like drinking at the moment anyway but I'm sure I will when I'm on holiday.. but if I'm honest, the reason I will drink again is a little down to peer pressure. Which is silly I know :(

Anyone else cutting down and find peoples reaction a little off putting? It was getting a little annoying at the weekend having the girls keep on saying things like 'just have 1' etc etc. And I was out until 5AM dancing and talking to people so I'm hardly a 'boring, sober person'. :confused: :bugeyes:

Lil :heart:
Good on you Lil, I'm sure you'll feel the benefit in lots of ways.

I find that a little bit goes a long way- a very cheap drunk now!
Also that wine sometimes makes me a bit sickly, I'm better with my whisky and lemon!
Have a great holiday in NZ.
Well done on the not drinking. Have a wonderful holiday!
Nice to hear from you LilSmiler, enjoy your holiday, NZ is just beautiful.
Hi there

It's fascinating when people try to make you drink. I honestly love a glass of red wine, but these days (especially since starting 5.2) I don't want or need as much alcohol. It's all part of the lessons I'm learning about myself and the stuff I consume, solid or liquid.

Take it you got all your troubles sorted with your travelling companion? Have a super time. I'm Well Jell. :like:
I have cut down on alcohol so much over the past year and a bit. Yes I feel so much better for it. I've had very little pressure to drink which I've been pleasantly surprised by. It seems though that I have a lot of friends who don't drink nowadays, don't know when that happened! I recently did 'no sugar no alcohol' for a month. Really battled with the no sugar and cracked at 18 days, but alcohol was easily a month with no problem.

This Sat eve just gone I had quite a few drinks with some friends, and had a hangover from hell yesterday, and now have a sore throat and cold beginning and I'm thinking that next time, I'm sticking to non alcoholic drinks.
Hi lilsmiler glad to see you are still around!
The pressure is huge here on a mining site to drink which is why I rarely go to the wet mess. People just put drinks down in front of you but I don't drink them. Peer pressure is tough when you are younger and there were many times when I went far beyond what was sensible!
Been there, done that, worn the baggy old t-shirt, lived with the Irish drunk for 10 years two decades ago.
Never going there again.
I enjoy a hot toddy, very occasional wine now :0)
Glad you're well and happy l'il smiler, have a fab holiday in NZ {{{+}}}
Hi @LilSmiler Welcome back at least for a little while yes I'm joining you not for long not had any this weekend and don't drink in the week so probably only a 2 week abstinence while I'm mixing things up to force my body into the "fatburning mode" it seem to have forgotten about, well done to you and do enjoy your holiday. :clover: :clover:
Thanks everyone!

Glad to see I'm not too boring :)

Lil :heart:
10 posts Page 1 of 1