The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Is 100g of lettuce really only about 15 calories???
Yes! That's right :)
Probably but I don't count salad or veg :like: someone posted on here how much you'd have to eat to gain weight+ not a nice amount sounded awful :clover: Sue
goodness!! that's amazing!! I knew salad was low-cal but didn't realise how low-cal!! My salad tonight will be ENORMOUS!!! I can't wait!!!
If I'm having a rough afternoon on a fast day, I sometimes get myself a bowl of lettuce and dress it with a bit of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. My balsamic vinegar is 5 calories per teaspoon. And no, I don't bother counting a 10 calorie snack!
How are you getting on sis? :) I have a mahoosive bowl of salad most fast days - 150/150/150g of lettuce, cucumber and little tomatoes, sometimes half an apple, a few slices of lean ham and a couple of tbsps. of lovely full fat dressing - all for under 250 cals! That fills me right up, don't think I could manage an omelette on the side, but there's calories enough for one.
Try some kale mixed in or instead of lettuce! Just as low calorie, but packed with more nutrients!
It was rocket that I had in my salad and according to google there were 12 calories in the 50g I had. There were also a couple of baby tomatoes, some slices of cucumber, a gerkin, a sprinkle of sweetcorn and some chopped red pepper and spring onion topped with salt and pepper and some vinegar. The omelette was a 2 egg with some baby tomatoes and chopped onion and herbs.
There were calories left over for the slice of watermelon I had as dessert!
Cucumber also has very few calories, peppers too! My fast day Greek salad (no oil, lots of garlic, low fat cottage cheese instead of feta) is less than 150 calories per HUGE bowl.
9 posts Page 1 of 1