The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
one year in!
04 Mar 2014, 23:28
One year ago was my first week of fasting! Can't quite believe it! I only started because I wanted to see what eating 500cals in a day was like.

I've lost around 10-11kg in total (still losing my Christmas gain!) And I've dropped a couple of dress sizes - was UK 12 (verging on 14 if I'm honest) now UK 8-10.

I'm short -156cm, so this hasn't been without it's challenges. Weight loss has been slower than average and I've hit a few plateaus along the way. And there have been times when I packed in the fasting for a week or two, but found after a short break I was looking fwd to getting back into it. I'm still aiming to lose a bit more as I'm still in the upper range of BMI, but this will happen slowly and sustainably with this great way of eating!

This has really changed how I view food - now I (usually!) think "do I need to eat this?" Before digging into chocolate etc, and I've become so much more aware of my appetite - I don't get hungry in the morning and I function just fine without breakfast, no need to force it down!

In short, it's great! One year in, still going strong! And I've loved visiting this forum to read other stories, tips, recipe ideas etc, so thank you-keep it up

Happy pancake day!!!
Re: one year in!
04 Mar 2014, 23:54
:heart: Happy Fastiversary @Jolie well done on your weightloss and reduction on dress sizes I can't agree more this is a great WOL. :heart: Sue
04 Mar 2014, 23:54
That's terrific Jolie. When you reach your goal are you planning on doing 6:1?
05 Mar 2014, 00:14
Hi Jolie - Wow, happy one year in! Congratulations to you. :star: :star: that's a wonderful achievement. :like: well done and thanks for sharing your inspiring journey. Lizbean
05 Mar 2014, 09:22
Well done Jolie, you have done really well despite a few set backs. Very encouraging progress! x
05 Mar 2014, 09:51
Thank you everyone!

I haven't decided what I'll do when I reach my goal - it will probably be a 6:1, or maybe continue with a 5:2 idea but have slightly bigger dinner (I currently only eat one meal a day on fast days). We'll see!
6 posts Page 1 of 1