The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
It was the free introductory one.

Luckily its a normal day for me, but after that I think I better cut down for the rest of the day. I've just counted up and it was 548kcals in one box.

So what are or were your Ooops moments this month?
The bag of chocolate mini doughnuts that I bought for my grandson(poor kid).
I had a whole 125g bag of Lindt Lindor peanut butter chocolate truffles yesterday (bought them specifically as I knew no one else in the family likes them so no need for sharing) - enjoyed every delicious morsel too! :razz:
The chocolate iced donut I ate yesterday just an hour before dinner... it called to me from the back of the rack in Tesco. Didn't need it, but did enjoy it :)
2/3 tub of peanut butter core from Ben & Jerrys (the bigger tub). It was a hot day and I couldn't resist the peanut butter taste, sweet and salty, yum. :grin:
Ben & Jerry's do a salted peanut flavour? Oooh you darling. I was at a food festival two weekends ago and tried a sample of salted peanut icecream, it was to die for. So much so I had two large scoops of it on the day. I thought it would have to be a rare day to find another seller, and there you go telling me that a main seller does it. Happy days.
Julieathome wrote: Ben & Jerry's do a salted peanut flavour? Oooh you darling. I was at a food festival two weekends ago and tried a sample of salted peanut icecream, it was to die for. So much so I had two large scoops of it on the day. I thought it would have to be a rare day to find another seller, and there you go telling me that a main seller does it. Happy days.

Lol julie! Take it easy and buy a single little carton for a special treat! :razz: :wink: :heart:
..... and it's dotted with chocolate pieces filled with peanut butter ... oh no, why am I doing it to myself! :lol:
Ohhhhh! Chocolate AND peanut butter! I didn't know Lindt did a peanut butter Lindor. Maybe as well as their stuff isn't always gluten free. They use a lot of malt in their chocolates. Now I have been sidling round a pack of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups that belong to my son and were sitting in the fridge to firm up. Good job they had gone this morning or I might well have had an oops moment. I can't resist them. Anyone know if the Ben and Jerry's is gluten free?
Ummm Julie? Please translate "grazebox" for those of us on the other side of the pond?

:-)
Here you go. I thought I would try them out, but truthfully, for what they cost I could go to a health food store and get masses more product for my money.

http://www.graze.com/uk/
I ate not one, but two, scoops of Thorntons chocolate caramel ice cream in a large sugar cone last Wednesday, followed by a 100g bag of their Brazil Nut toffee! I suppose that it doesn't really count as an 'oops' moment because I had not eaten breakfast and skipped lunch, so that I could enjoy it without guilt!

At least it wasn't three scoops and a 200g bag of toffee, as it might have been in the past,so I am learning some degree of moderation! I enjoyed every mouthful! :smile:
One of the side effects about 5:2 id that I enjoy and take time to appreciate the food I'm eating now. Our meals at home have changed too. tThere is much less pre-packed food being eaten and only then under direst, time short, circumstances.
Thanks Julie, very clever idea. I don't think we have that here. But I can see how I could easily rest that whole box too.
A nice business idea for the US then Diane
16 posts Page 1 of 2