The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Peanut butter HORROR!
17 Sep 2013, 14:43
I think natural home made peanut butter is a lot less calories
just 58 calories in a tablespoon. The commercially prepared stuff has loads of sugar

its easy to make too

reference link for calories..
http://www.livestrong.com/article/30097 ... ut-butter/
17 Sep 2013, 15:35
Trouble with fixating on calories is that a calorie is not a calorie!
Not all calories are the same, nor are they processed by the body in the same way, nor do all bodies process them the same...
So at best, the calories on the packaging is a guesstimate, and how many we need or should have is also a guesstimate.

As I understand the premise of this WOE, we should "fast" two days a week but in order to make that fasting more palatable, the researchers have concluded that having about 25% of normal food intake shouldn't stop the benefits of fasting.

I take the 500/600 calorie figure not to be a target but as a guide, to eat as little as possible on a fast day, not to have as much as possible.
17 Sep 2013, 15:45
So, are you suggesting we eat less than 500 calories langtoftlad? I know I only had about 320 calories last Wednesday and have to say I felt fine xx
19 Sep 2013, 10:37
I think the "rule" is up to...
There is a gang here who do a 36h liquid only fast - I've never tried to, nor felt the need to - but there are some threads here, such as this one;
http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/fasting-today-f8/36-hour-liquid-fasting-week-beginning-16-sep-2013-t8357.html
07 Oct 2013, 13:28
Powdered peanut butter. basically what is left over after they have crushed and squeezed all the oil out (groundnut oil). I think its about 1/5 the calories of normal peanut butter when its made up with water. Its pricey, but being powdered it goes a long way.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PB2-Powdered-Pe ... ywords=pb2
07 Oct 2013, 14:34
Holy God - I went to order that peanut butter and it's €16.00 including delivery to Ireland. I really want it but I don't know if I can justify that
07 Oct 2013, 14:43
actually just got a way bigger pack on discountsupplements.ie for €14. Got 454g as opposed to 185gms on amazon.
07 Oct 2013, 16:01
pinchypops wrote: So, are you suggesting we eat less than 500 calories langtoftlad? I know I only had about 320 calories last Wednesday and have to say I felt fine xx

Are ypu ok pinchypops..havent seen you round for a few weeks ?
23 posts Page 2 of 2