The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Personal daily TDEE
24 Jul 2013, 07:08
Do you figure an estimate TDEE and keep it or do you adjust it according to your level of activity on a day to day basis?
Is it that sensitive to adjustment anyway. I am gaining and losing the same 300gms.

I'm thinking that adjusting the TDEE to what I'm doing daily would be beneficial.
My low activity TDEE is 1620 and moderate exercise TDEE is 2060.

Is it safer sticking to 1620 and if I burn 400 in a spin bike class, eat 300 back.
I really didnt want to be bothered by numbers but I guess in reality it is about numbers.

I dont do numbers well.

Thankyou for reading
Re: Personal daily TDEE
24 Jul 2013, 07:17
Hi:

It would be best to use your 1620. TDEE does not change daily. I don't know what TDEE you are using now, but whatever it is it sounds too high if you are eating to it but not losing. Here are some thoughts on TDEE: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6600.html
:clover:
Re: Personal daily TDEE
24 Jul 2013, 07:38
Your TDEE should be an average, at least in a general sense. If you work out hard you should not be using that to justify eating more, IMO. That 400cal in spin class is only about 50 calories per day spread over a week!

I agree that if you are gaining and losing the same weight then you are using too high of a TDEE. It also sounds like you are doing a bit or rationalizing as well. Don't micromanage it -- Consider extra spin class a bonus or be honest and see that 50 cal a day would take months to make a pound of difference, so don't sabotage yourself by "rewarding" yourself with food.
3 posts Page 1 of 1