The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 1 of 2
We all deserve a little treat or boost as we go about our quest for better health and stronger trimmer bodies.
Ive decided to give myself a pick me up every now and then,when i feel i' m doing well with my weight loss.
Saturday to celebrate my renewed efforts to get back into the groove, i bought myself some skincare stuff from Aldi..i got serum,night cream and face wash..they feel lovely on my skin! Not sure how much they cost,but being Aldi,it wont be much. Aldi have received awards for their skin products,so i expect to see excellent results :like: :wink: :heart:
Have a Groovy Week everyone xx :clover:
That is a really excellent idea @CandiceMarie 3 more pounds and I might consider some new pretty undies :wink:
Lovely idea @redrobin Nothing nicer than knowing youve got some matching pretty bra n pants ensemble on x ! :like:
I am still wearing " Harvest " pants.. " all is safely gathered in"... Great big Granny pants,almost up to my armpits! A family could borrow them for a camping holiday :lol:
However theyre so comfy and some of them are even quite lacy!
@Candicemarie I nearly spat coffee all over my laptop then .. that's what my mum used to call them harvester knickers!!

I live in fear of not wearing matching undies ... I was brought up to believe that the first thing an ambulance does when you are knocked over by a car is check your undies match :grin:

Ahh there is nothing quite like a 70's Irish upbringing !
RedRobin wrote: @Candicemarie I nearly spat coffee all over my laptop then .. that's what my mum used to call them harvester knickers!!

I live in fear of not wearing matching undies ... I was brought up to believe that the first thing an ambulance does when you are knocked over by a car is check your undies match :grin:

Ahh there is nothing quite like a 70's Irish upbringing !

Thank god for that I thought I was the only one.
I dress of the inside out. Feel a bit odd when I'm exercising and my undies don't match as I'm wearing a sports bra.
Heehee @redrobin Was the same being brought up in Fifties Northern England..never mind the horrendous injuries you might have sustained - were you wearing clean knickers and vests??
My Nan had similar philosophy re my doing her " messages" (shopping)..." Don't get run over coz you' ll have change from the groceries!" :?: didnt matter if i was under a bus,long as someone prised the coins from my tiny dead hand!
XX
Teehee what funny ideas people had then!!
I like the idea of treats Candy. I've just ordered Season 5 of The Walking Dead. I have got all all Four seasons in a matter of a few days. It's so enthralling...plus Rick Grimes is pretty attractive ;)
Well in 80's Germany your underwear just had to be clean - didn't matter if it matched :grin: but really ... I don't think I neded the possibility of ending up in an ambulance as motivation for wearing clean underwear... but my mum seemed to thing so...
As a treat/reward I like far too expensive yoga/fitness/climbing stuff ...
All this talk of ambulances has made me think..
As kids did anyone else superstitiously do this when they saw an ambulance?
..you had to shout -
" touch my nose,touch my toes,never go in one of those"... (Tapping aforesaid nose/ toes as you recited it..)
then you had to look round wildly hoping to see a four legged animal to complete the spell!
Luckily there were usually cats about,and plenty of dogs taking themselves for a walk..(not many folk actually put a dog on a lead and walked it in the 50/60s! )
You might even see the dairy horse and man delivering milk! X
@Candicemarie ... and the rag and bone man .......
Talking of taking care of ourselves and underwear ........ did your mum and do you still iron your knickers? That's a treat!
When losing weight last year I promised to treat myself to a ring when I got to goal so the journey was always with me - I got quite excited about the thought of treating myself..... those last few pounds seemed to go on, and on and on and on. Then it was Xmas :shock: You reminded me Candy - I'd like to look at my hand and be mindful of what I have achieved, so I'm looking out for that special reminder.
Hiiii @lizbean i hardly ever iron and neither did my Mum! I am of the school of thought,the warmth of my body will remove the creases :lol:
Rag and bone man..was only talking about him yesterday..a boy in our street took off all his clothes and exchanged them for a toy from the rag man!
The boy's mother went crazy as you can imagine! Looking back,i cant belive the ragman took all his clothes!
We often chose a plastic monkey on a stick..you could make the monkey climb up the stick!
Hope youre asleep now Liz..these days i' m sleeping a lot better xx
@CandiceMarie we did " Turn around and touch the ground Bugseys not going in it" for an ambulance, we also had to bless ourselves and say a quick prayer if we ever saw a hearse to make sure we weren't going to be next !

Our next door neighbor used to send her dog out for a walk by himself as well ...something you might get arrested for today !

And if I got sick I didn't need medicine a holy candle would cure anything and everything ....I miss my crazy relatives :-)

Well I am no closer this week to getting the matching undies this week .. as my school report used to say .. must try harder :frown:
Keep going @redrobin :like: you'll be three lb down in time for the summer sales...
Adults used to stop,cross themselves and bow their heads when they saw a funeral, and men often wore hats in the 50s, so they wd raise them
My school was attached to a church and coffins were carried in via the school playground..we were so used to it we just continued playing. I wonder how the mourners felt about that.
Everyone in the street used to close their curtains when a neighbour died. I' m sure that never happens now.
I still believe in the power of lighting a candle and saying a prayer! Even tho ive long been a lapsed Catholic! X
@CandiceMarie our street used to close the curtains too ... I kind of miss that respect for other peoples grief it just doesn't seem to happen now a days.

I'm an estranged catholic ...marrying an atheist in a registry office has put me on the holy naughty step ! But it doesn't stop me lighting candles or carrying St Jude and St Patrick around in my purse :-)

Sounds like you went to the same kind of school as me where I had the dubious honour of being the ringer of the Angelus bell ...bet they don't do that any more either !
Well you know what they say @redrobin once a Catholic..
For all i dont believe in religion any more,( i always think of Father Dougal in " Father Ted" saying ahh its a load of old nonsense isnt it Ted!" ) there is somehow a strange comfort in some of the things like you mention,that we dont quite let go of...i suppose they go so deep..have you ever seen the play Once a Catholic by the way..its hilarious xx
PS The holy naughty step made me laugh out loud!
25 posts Page 1 of 2